cherylynne1

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey, guys!

My brother is auditioning for a small indy production and has asked me to do his headshots. I was pretty psyched until I read the guidelines, which are:

(1) Please take 4 still photos. A current digital snapshot is preferred. Photos with your camera phone are fine. (Each photo file must not exceed 2MB in order to be uploaded.)
· - Headshot: from the chest upward. Looking at camera.
· - Profile: from the chest upward. Facing directly to one side.
· - Full body, facing camera. Wear comfortable clothing that fairly depicts your natural shape. Please include your feet.
· - Full body, profile.
(2) Photos must be well lit, without obstructing accessories like sunglasses or hats.
(3) IMPORTANT! Photo files must be named with the individual’s FULL NAME.
This is the format: “Smith, John-1.jpg”

It sounds like they're looking for mug shots with a camera phone.

So I'm wondering, how much (if any) creativity should I add in? I think it would be pretty safe to have an engaging expression in the main headshot. But what about the profile? Should he be laughing or pensive or whatever while looking to the side? Or should it be a straight mug shot? Same with the full body shot. Do they want a natural pose, such as leaning against a wall with crossed arms, or should he be standing straight with arms at his sides?

I was thinking of a seamless white background (though I'd personally prefer the outdoors or even an urban setting.) For lighting, I thought clamshell or ring light for headshots and a large soft box for full body shots.

Any thoughts or opinions would be greatly appreciated!!

To me it sounds like all they want is plain Jane/John mug shot like you were taking a shot for a wanted poster. Don't over think it.

Perfectly normal; remember he's not trying to sell himself, they're looking to find out if he meets they're general requirements for a specific role. I would keep the expressions genial but avoid anything too intense. Given the requirements, I would be inclined to shoot these against grey seamless with relatively flat lighting.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back