Questions regarding a small studio and photo improvement.

barfastic

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello all!

hope all is well...

i have a small problem, and i figured you guys might be able to help me out...

I ahve a small studio set up (consisting of 3 strobes)

1 on each side of product, and one for background lighting and sometimes used with gels etc...

my problem is this, my background (which is an ikea grey curtain 2m in length lighted with gels) is located about 50cm away from my subject (which is on a table/plexiglass). my strobes are about 1 meter away from the subject at 45angles.

and i stand at about 1.5 meters away from the subject.

what my problem is? SPACE.

i cant seem to get a whole shot of the subject without getting either my strobes or the wall in the shot... i cant move the subject further back because then my strobes lighting isnt the way i like...

heres an example of the "best" shot i can get (i didnt have the 2nd side strobe at the time of this shot)
5474552992_ef5f0ae132_b.jpg

my question is this...

what do i need to do to get the object to look smaller and the background to look bigger.... dont know if what im saying makes sense...

im using a 24-70 f2.8 for my shots, and i can find almost all kinds of lens (from friends). what do you suggest?

It seems that you already know your problem...space.

To make the background seem bigger, you need to use a longer focal length (narrower field of view). But to do that, and still get your subject in frame, you'll have to move back....so you need space.

Another option would be to use a larger backdrop.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back