Questions

tiffanyjean

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have a few questions as a new photographer and would like as many tips as possible. First off i am looking at buying a camera since i am just starting i figured i would start off small .. well medium size. I am looking at a Nikon D3000. Now if i am correct, the body size is only mega pixles right? The lenses is what it comes down to in the end? if im wrong please help me out here, like i said i am new. lol. And also does any one know of any classified sites for photography equipment? if so will you please let me know? Thank you. OH also on lenses i am more of a portrait person, i know nikon has a portrait lens out, is it any good? i tested it out at a store a few days ago and i really liked it, does any one have any experience with it.

I am going to assume if you are posting in this section then your ultimate goal is to charge for your work.

In that case I think you need to re-examine your plan.
The D3000 is the lowest end consumer digital SLR Nikon makes and while it will work it lacks many features a portrait photographer will need (such a a PC Sync). The body size of the camera has nothing do with megapixles.

As for the lens, Nikon Makes several lenses that are great for portraits, so we would need to know which one you were looking at. Personally I like the 70-200mm F2.8 VR for my portrait work, but it has a price tag around $2000.00

Most reactions

New Topics

Back