Quitting!

I can't believe the responses this stupid thread gets. [bangs head on desk]

It would be great if everyone read the threads but didn't respond to idiotic posts but rather devoted their time to respond to questions and requests from sensible honest folk.

OK but stop posting idiotic things. Your OP looks very much like trolling through the forum.

Serious answer: get a nicer lens. I would invest in a 35mm or 50mm lens depending on the space you have. if you are going to get very serious in to I would look into a better quality glass - 24-105 range (not sure what Nikon offers as I'm a Canon guy)

Lights: At least 3 studio strobes IMO. Sometimes you can get away with 2 but I often use 3 as it gives me more options, as lighting subject and backgrounds separately. Also to use one for back lighting the subject.

I'd start googling "studio lighting" as you can find hundreds of diagrams that will tell you the angles of lights you should be placing for the look you want to achieve.

Look at youtube videos, there are thousands out there and get ideas.

Learn your camera and know what everything does and what settings to use

I don't and probably will never use a light meter myself but it can be something that you might want to invest in and as a beginner, it'll help you. Down the road you may not even use it as you can go by your eyes.

That's some of the serious advices I can give you. G'luck and practice as much with friends, as possible.

OK but stop posting idiotic things. Your OP looks very much like trolling through the forum.

Serious answer: get a nicer lens. I would invest in a 35mm or 50mm lens depending on the space you have. if you are going to get very serious in to I would look into a better quality glass - 24-105 range (not sure what Nikon offers as I'm a Canon guy)

Lights: At least 3 studio strobes IMO. Sometimes you can get away with 2 but I often use 3 as it gives me more options, as lighting subject and backgrounds separately. Also to use one for back lighting the subject.

I'd start googling "studio lighting" as you can find hundreds of diagrams that will tell you the angles of lights you should be placing for the look you want to achieve.

Look at youtube videos, there are thousands out there and get ideas.

Learn your camera and know what everything does and what settings to use

I don't and probably will never use a light meter myself but it can be something that you might want to invest in and as a beginner, it'll help you. Down the road you may not even use it as you can go by your eyes.

That's some of the serious advices I can give you. G'luck and practice as much with friends, as possible.

I am pretty sure the OP was being SARCASTIC. He is making a jab at other threads that are posted here that are just ridiculous!!!

He has no intention of using an 18-55 lens and Sears lights for Portrait photography!!??!!

I'm quitting (insert job/school) and going to open my new photography business in my mom's basement. I have everything I need,

Nikon D40 w/18-55 lens and some shop lights my dad got at sears.

I have little to no experience, no art education and I'm not sure what all the functions on my camera do.

How do I get customers?

:lol:

can anyone direct me to a site where serious aspiring wanttobe photographers can learn more about the art and less about becoming a pro?

Ask Village Idiot. He's in the same situation,and started an almost identical thread about four as ago.

like minds think alike.

Yes, this thread is written with sarcasm and yes I'm a dick for doing it but apparently it does show that few actually read before responding.

In all my years of internet community experience (many) it always amazes me that a media, for which reading is a requirement, seems to populate with those that don't :D

Ok, I'm sorry I started this thread, it's become just another of the one's I'm tied of reading. Let it die.

1) this was not a serious thread.
2) I'm an ass for starting it and lowering the IQ of this forum.

Really? Haven't we done this to death?

Probably. But I've found that browsing forums is like ordering food.

There's a lot you've already had before, so if you don't feel like it today, just skip it and go for something else.

It doesn't mean it's going to leave the menu just because you personally are sick of it.

like minds think alike.

Yes, this thread is written with sarcasm and yes I'm a dick for doing it but apparently it does show that few actually read before responding.

In all my years of internet community experience (many) it always amazes me that a media, for which reading is a requirement, seems to populate with those that don't :D

Ok, I'm sorry I started this thread, it's become just another of the one's I'm tied of reading. Let it die.

1) this was not a serious thread.
2) I'm an ass for starting it and lowering the IQ of this forum.[/QUOTE]

You're a half empty kinda guy, I'd like to think you've raised the IQ of some on this forum.:lol:

Most reactions

Back