Rare Sight

ToddM

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Never seen a pure white squirrel before. I passed this guy on the side of the road and I was like woha! Pulled over real quick and put the flashers on and got a couple shots with the iphone. Came back a couple days later with my son's Nikon and got a few more shots.

I mean this guy is pure white all over. I've read true albino's have pink eyes, but this squirrel has dark eyes so.. idk if he's albino.

The first shots are the iphone shots. None of them, iphone or Nikon, are awesome shots. It's like this, I pass by him on that certain road, see him, hurry up and pull over and throw the flashers on, try to get as close as I can to him without sketching him out, then take whatever shot I can get!

duD0YF7.jpg

9nRY8XT.jpg

Here's he is movin around heh..
sMWQWO2.gif

Nikon shots
h9VApjV.jpg

x0Jsjf4.jpg

tO9o1mP.jpg

EfGaamU.jpg

4cH3jDE.jpg

Nice set of a cool looking squirrel. I'd say he's worthy of your best camera/lens. I hope you decide to get some more of him with your Nikon because I'm looking forward to some good close-ups. Thanks for sharing.

Nice capture! I had never even heard of a white squirrel before.

There is a group of them living in a Minneapolis neighborhood. You can see several at the same time.

Nice set of a cool looking squirrel. I'd say he's worthy of your best camera/lens. I hope you decide to get some more of him with your Nikon because I'm looking forward to some good close-ups. Thanks for sharing.

Those Nikon shots above were taken with a 140mm lens full zoom and then I "zoomed" in closer post processing with cropping. I think the only way I'm gonna get some really good shots is to take a lawn chair over there one day and see is he comes around and bait in him with some peanuts or something so I can get a close shot.

There is a group of them living in a Minneapolis neighborhood. You can see several at the same time.

Wow that's cool. My sister says she got some shots of a white squirrel back in like 95' down in our nearby city. I'm in the suburbs that surround our city and this one was over in a subdivision. He's over on that same road all the time. As a matter of fact I got another shot him yesterday but it's nothing special. Pretty much like the other ones and I had to take it with my iphone again.

Last edited:

Those Nikon shots above were taken with a 140mm lens full zoom and then I "zoomed" in closer post processing with cropping. I think the only way I'm gonna get some really good shots is to take a lawn chair over there one day and see is he comes around and bait in him with some peanuts or something so I can get a close shot.

Sorry, I misread, you did use the Nikon. I know of a way that will almost guarantee a good close up. Put some shelled peanuts on the ground next to the tree and have your camera on a tripod and pre focused on the area surrounding the peanuts (using a small aperture) and wait at a distance with a wireless shutter release. When he gets in the zone half press to focus and take the shot.

Real neat!

Fine sight to see. You quite often get these anomalies in nature but a lot don't survive long so good to capture it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back