What's new

Rate the photo above you

Well I also have it with a horizontal crop and with a larger vertical crop, not to take the thread off topic but I want to give the photo to her mom so which crop would work best? Thanks!

I think your best bet would be to show her mom both crops and see how she feels about either. I think for this particular crop, maybe a little bit less foreground will work? I don't it might just be me.
 
Ballistics: I like the composition, background and strong lines in this shot. The boy seems very well exposed too! The only thing missing is a memorable expression. :P He looks almost forlorn, not a very happy face... 7/10

sunny_study___lonely_hoody_by_pianoblack97-d47kaau.jpg
 
Thank you and I couldn't agree more. My son has this weird shyness for the camera so every time I take the camera out he refuses to look in my direction. I have to trick him into looking at me by calling his name after playing for a few minutes and once he notices the camera he has that awkward "Oops eye contact!" moment.
 
Technically nothing really wrong, not sure about the shadow of the jumper being at the front and hard light ontop of it, if that is the subject, looks awkward and not very interesting. 7/10


monty by Skateboard C 91, on Flickr
 
wow lovely photo. i like the texture of the water and can feel the bird is in motion. i would personally prefer the whole photo to be in focus tho rather than the blurred out background. 9/10.

here's mine:

IMG_1173.jpg
 
wow lovely photo. i like the texture of the water and can feel the bird is in motion. i would personally prefer the whole photo to be in focus tho rather than the blurred out background. 9/10.

here's mine:

IMG_1173.jpg

I really like this, but I don't like how the top of his head is cropped off. There is also something off to the far right hand side and it is kind of distracting. 7/10

34f1fg8.jpg
 
I really like this, but I don't like how the top of his head is cropped off. There is also something off to the far right hand side and it is kind of distracting. 7/10

yes i agree but it was taken thru the opening to his little house in his climbing frame which is what you can see on the right hand side. thanks for C&C.
 
Hi guys, I'm new here and still waiting for my first dslr camera! I've managed to survive with my regular point&shoot camera's but I can't wait to get my dslr!

I would love to learn as much as possible so please take a look at my gallery and leave some C&C!

About the above,I love pics of kids but I don't like the fact that the person in the back is cut of like that. 7/10 for that.

Seems I cannot add any pics here..Maybe because it is my first post?


----------------------------------------------


I tried it several times but I can't! So please take a look at my gallery, thanks guys!!
 
Hi guys, I'm new here and still waiting for my first dslr camera! I've managed to survive with my regular point&shoot camera's but I can't wait to get my dslr!

I would love to learn as much as possible so please take a look at my gallery and leave some C&C!

About the above,I love pics of kids but I don't like the fact that the person in the back is cut of like that. 7/10 for that.

Seems I cannot add any pics here..Maybe because it is my first post?


----------------------------------------------




I tried it several times but I can't! So please take a look at my gallery, thanks guys!!

Im guessing you don't understand the concept of this thread or this forum in general. If you would like someone to take a look at your pictures, post a few times then start a new thread with 1 or 2 pictures.
Start a flickr account and use it to post pictures that way.
 
Hi guys, I'm new here and still waiting for my first dslr camera! I've managed to survive with my regular point&shoot camera's but I can't wait to get my dslr!

I would love to learn as much as possible so please take a look at my gallery and leave some C&C!

About the above,I love pics of kids but I don't like the fact that the person in the back is cut of like that. 7/10 for that.

Seems I cannot add any pics here..Maybe because it is my first post?


----------------------------------------------




I tried it several times but I can't! So please take a look at my gallery, thanks guys!!

Im guessing you don't understand the concept of this thread or this forum in general. If you would like someone to take a look at your pictures, post a few times then start a new thread with 1 or 2 pictures.
Start a flickr account and use it to post pictures that way.

I DO understand the concept of this thread, I rated the previous one and as I said I tried to upload one of my pics but it didn't work!

anyway thanks for the info, will try with the flickr account...
 
m_verbruggen said:
I DO understand the concept of this thread, I rated the previous one and as I said I tried to upload one of my pics but it didn't work!

anyway thanks for the info, will try with the flickr account...

There is a sticky in the beginners forum that tells you how to post pictures on TPF. I would read it.
 
I like the photo, interesting subject and the other people snapping shots also adds some emotion. Looks like u cranked the clarity slider to the right, not sure if I like the added clarity or not, up in the air on that. 7.5/10

Untitled_HDR5-2.jpg
 
Well aint that some purdy HDR! Beautiful colors and exposed perfectly. Technically it's a great shot, but I don't know what I'm looking for in the frame...is it the lake? Or the sky? Or the dam in the background? Nothing is clearly the focus here, and it's not that pretty as a straight landscape...Still like it though 7/10

lines_lines_lines_by_pianoblack97-d4a5iln.jpg
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom