Raw Conversion

Formatted

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.jawns.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was playing around over the last couple of weeks and decided to shoot in raw. I was using a Mac that hasn't been updated for ages, and so I didn't have all the software to convert easily. I am now stuck without a means of converting all my images.

Anyone know which program will do it?

Thanks

CS3, but due to the fact my Mac isn't networked. It isn't particularly up-to date.

Check for updates for whatever software you have that supports RAW. Preview should do just fine if it understands your camera.

If you get stuck go to the camera manufacturer website. They typically have free RAW processing programs available for multiple platforms. In the case of Nikon it's Nikon View NX, and the actual RAW converter and editor is Capture NX2 which has a free trial available.

If you get stuck with the images in question you can download a free trial of virtually any RAW processor including Adobe Lightroom.

The older PS/CS3 won't work with the newer v5.x releases of Camera RAW. It is limited to the v4.x series. This prevents updating it to handle the newer cameras.

One solution is to download Adobe's DNG Converter (get the newest which is curently v5.6). You would then use DNG Converter to convert your camera's proprietary RAW files into Adobe's "universal" RAW flavor. DNG's are still RAW and will open in any PS, including PS/Elements, with ACR v2.2 or newer. This will allow the ACR v4.x in PS/CS3 to read the DNG files and do the RAW conversion.

Most reactions

Back