RC-1 or RC-5 remotes?

nakedyak

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I guess my question is will either of these remotes allow me to use the Bulb function to hold the shutter open aka a cable release? I need to be able to use the bulb function and i was hoping that the remote would allow me to remotely trigger the camera and let it lock the shutter open for as long as i wanted. Is this possible?

I think it's possible with at least one of the two. However, for bulb shots I think it might be a better idea to go with the cable release instead of the IR release. Since the IR sensor is on the front of most Canon cams, the remotes will only work if you're in front of the camera (or if something is reflecting it from in front). With the cable release, you can set up a shot and use it from behind the camera without worrying if the sensor will see the remote or not. I think the real use for the IR release is for the kinds of snapshots where you line up the family / friends in front of the camera and then trigger it while you're in the shot. You know, like when everybody's posing in a shot at like Thanksgiving dinner or something. For bulb exposures, I think it's better to use a cable release like this one (or whichever one works with your camera). You can even make your own

Most reactions

New Topics

Back