Re: locking threads

I might prefer getting up and going to my job tomorrow...it actually might be easier than photography.:cheers:

Yes it is the Internet, but real life constructs still apply. Hypocrisy, for example.

You asked for it...

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, but there are converse instances where one is repeatedly abusive and insulting, repeatedly getting threads closed, but then pretends to be so awesome and act soooo innocent. Others should be able to see the offensive actions, to understand why they eventually get banned. I can cite a specific cases, where the "innocent" person's instigative/insulting and unprovoked posts have all been removed, either individual posts, or entire threads. That is wrong.

I am not a golden child, and have posted my share of regretable things. But, I'll own up to my behaviour both good and bad.

My philosophy is that one "lives and dies" by their posts, and deleting posts or threads is an injustice to the community as a whole.

I fully agree with this. I'm a social libertarian and I don't feel like one should ever give up rights for the sake of "Protection" lol

Last edited:
That ****ing Mother Theresa can be one pain in the ass...
That's funny, I've witnessed a couple of your meltdowns.

pot-kettle-1.jpg

Oh yeah........

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, but there are converse instances where one is repeatedly abusive and insulting, repeatedly getting threads closed, but then pretends to be so awesome and act soooo innocent. Others should be able to see the offensive actions, to understand why they eventually get banned. I can cite a specific cases, where the "innocent" person's instigative/insulting and unprovoked posts have all been removed, either individual posts, or entire threads. That is wrong.

I am not a golden child, and have posted my share of regretable things. But, I'll own up to my behaviour both good and bad.

My philosophy is that one "lives and dies" by their posts, and deleting posts or threads is an injustice to the community as a whole.

Then leave the response space in place but remove the text and put a message 'removed for abusive language - first warning'
That way the abuser is marked but the abuse is gone.

I'm late to this debate but I think that's a decent compromise. I'm not a mod anywhere so I don't know how much trouble that would be for the mods here to implement.

as a moderator elsewhere, i believe it is up to the forum owners/mods to decide what the decorum of the forum is going to be and stick with it. if it's a forum where no arguing is tolerated, then you address the posters that are acting out of line and lock the thread (we don't delete threads unless they are dangerous in some way). if it's a forum where the mods take a light touch, then it's up to the users to decide if it's a nice place to be or not.

deleting is a really nice way for assholes to say things they shouldn't, and get the record of their ridiculous behavior removed forever. i think the target should be the offending posters.

kundalini said:
That's funny, I've witnessed a couple of your meltdowns.

Oh yeah........
YouTube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-U4Pvodwm0U

Not sure what you are trying to say there... But for clarity, that was humor for the conflict that was boiling over between two individuals. The hologram avatar, unless I am severely mistaken was of Mother Theresa.

I recall some edgier words by 'Mother Theresa' but none that seem to be so over the top to create this sort if stir, but I certainly am not judging and I certainly am not calling anyone out.

So is that clearer now?

Oh, and I sure get why fewer and fewer post here by the way. Feel Better now??? I'm down to about 2 posts a months so you needn't worry about me at all interfering with your site.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back