Re: locking threads

Actually, on that instance I agree. Those were slandering an outside business. Those threads could be locked from the get go, links removed, told to take it up with the business.

The_Traveler said:
I left this forum for several months because two members took umbrage at my 'attitude' and attacked me in separate threads.One went so far as to imply that I was a pedophile.
I asked the mods for some help with this and got no response.

I think that any forum, including this one, needs to protect their members and that comes first above anyone's right to free speech.

I find this statement you made quite disingenuous and also troubling Lew. You yourself, Lew, aka The _Traveler, have made some of the absolute nastiest, meanest, and most vicious comments to people on this forum. I mean really,really,really biting, derisive, and absolutely abusive,vile comments to posters with whom you have disagreed. You have quite a string of people here who have derided your opinions and your negative attitudes toward other members.

I find it just amazing that you, The_Traveler, are here, talking **** about things other people post...when you yourself have deliberately aimed your verbal sword right for the vitals of numerous posters, and once it was in deep, you twisted it, mercilessly. On more than one occasion. And now here you are, acting all innocent, as if *you* are the offended party. My God man...

You are in no way qualified to pass judgement on the "free speech" rights of others when you yourself have been a horrible example of a poster that spews vicious, biting, simply vile ad hominem attacks. Maybe it's your former rank as a colonel that makes you so oblivious to your own misdeeds? I am just apalled that you are making this post!

Since he got rid of that hologram avatar when he came back he's been pretty normal...IMHO no more holograms on TPF ever...they are unsafe.

I've behaved in a not so nice fashion on here lately. Effective Saturday I will be giving myself a temporary ban. See ya in August.

I've behaved in a not so nice fashion on here lately. Effective Saturday I will be giving myself a temporary ban. See ya in August.

You better come back with a giant portfolio of images to share as your punishment.

The_Traveler said:
I left this forum for several months because two members took umbrage at my 'attitude' and attacked me in separate threads.One went so far as to imply that I was a pedophile.
I asked the mods for some help with this and got no response.

I think that any forum, including this one, needs to protect their members and that comes first above anyone's right to free speech.

I find this statement you made quite disingenuous and also troubling Lew. You yourself, Lew, aka The _Traveler, have made some of the absolute nastiest, meanest, and most vicious comments to people on this forum. I mean really,really,really biting, derisive, and absolutely abusive,vile comments to posters with whom you have disagreed. You have quite a string of people here who have derided your opinions and your negative attitudes toward other members.

I find it just amazing that you, The_Traveler, are here, talking **** about things other people post...when you yourself have deliberately aimed your verbal sword right for the vitals of numerous posters, and once it was in deep, you twisted it, mercilessly. On more than one occasion. And now here you are, acting all innocent, as if *you* are the offended party. My God man...

You are in no way qualified to pass judgement on the "free speech" rights of others when you yourself have been a horrible example of a poster that spews vicious, biting, simply vile ad hominem attacks. Maybe it's your former rank as a colonel that makes you so oblivious to your own misdeeds? I am just apalled that you are making this post!

What a great example!

Derrel, feeling criticized, jumps in and immediately attacks personally.
This is almost as good an example as the time when I told Derrel to cool down after his diatribe about a third party's post and he wrote 4 or 5 paragraphs on how terrible I was as a photographer and a human being.

That ****ing Mother Theresa can be one pain in the ass...

You better come back with a giant portfolio of images to share as your punishment.

LOL. I'm planning on shooting a lot of film. Knowing my luck every frame will be lost. I'm actually excited about the anticipation of waiting to get it developed. Still taking my digital with me but want to focus on film this summer.

Guys, guys come on do not go down darkside already. Can't we talk over this over some pints?

"Beer #2, 3rd wing"

GeorgieGirl said:
You buying?

For you lil lady first pint is on me :). The others don't care much for my poison lol.

Last edited:
:peacesign:Okie Dokie then...

Let's get Lew and Derrel to join us for a big, fat, wet and happy smooch!

GeorgieGirl said:
:peacesign:Okie Dokie then...

Let's get Lew and Derrel to join us for a big, fat, wet and happy smooch!

I prefer an "English" pub an after a few shots.

I have never understood why people get so angry and butthurt and feel the need to attack others, it's the internet for god's sake, it's not that important.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back