Ready to shoot weddings... problem is...how to start?

I am sorry but you ARE wrong here. Personally I have been nothing but a part time weekdend wedding shooter and all the people I have worked for have made it a requirement to have backup gear in case something goes wrong. Don't think for a minute if you miss a critical moment or god forbid an entire wedding due to a gear failure that the person is not going to sue you just because you do weddings as a side job or on a part-time basis. A wedding as anyone knows is a (hopefully) once in a lifetime occurence for most people and you as a photographer should take it as seriously as any potential client does.

+1

I actually had a camera break at a wedding... the linkage shutter button broke on me on the first picture I too, had I not had a spare body with me there would have been NO wedding pictures from me that day... which would have been seriously ungood.

You simply MUST have at least 2 of every critical bit of kit to do a wedding for hire. You don't have to have to of every single lens, obviously, because you can make do on those with "similar" lenses... but camera bodies?

It is simply irresponsible and reckless to show up at a wedding without proper backup equipment.

+1

I actually had a camera break at a wedding... the linkage shutter button broke on me on the first picture I too, had I not had a spare body with me there would have been NO wedding pictures from me that day... which would have been seriously ungood.

You simply MUST have at least 2 of every critical bit of kit to do a wedding for hire. You don't have to have to of every single lens, obviously, because you can make do on those with "similar" lenses... but camera bodies?

It is simply irresponsible and reckless to show up at a wedding without proper backup equipment.

As I said I had a Bronica quit on me right in the middle of a ceremony.

Yeah this one time a UFO went over my house and my camera broke right before! Good thing I had a backup camera or i would have been SCREWED. :biggrin:

WONDERFUL NEWS!!!

Now thats the way to get started..... and build a foundation for a viable business and future.

Also, my wife saw that her Uncle (the pro who I visited with for a week, who does gobs of weddings per week and has done so for years and years) has a great contract. Apparently it's a few pages long, and is very well written, and has been tweaked over the years. They said they would let me use it. That's pretty encouraging.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back