Really good explanation for people starting out with photography

junni

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I think this short explanation is really good as base when starting photographing. What do you think?

Last edited by a moderator:
You don't happen to be the author of that article and owner of that site? :D
Who knows :)
I usually like to know why things are like they are, and this tries to explain it. I will add some pictures in the future

What do you think about going this deep into the why perspective?

Sounds like a rather convoluted 'Yes'.

You don't happen to be the author of that article and owner of that site? :D
Who knows :)
I usually like to know why things are like they are, and this tries to explain it. I will add some pictures in the future

What do you think about going this deep into the why perspective?

So your first post is to spam the forum?

I don't see that as spam, i have put serious effort to think about and write the explanations and help other that want to learn things this way. I don't attend much in online discussions, but i like to teach

I'm sure the
I think this does a far better job. Digital Photography Tutorials
Plus it's not spam.

I'm sure you are right in that, but that site is quite heavy. I have collected the most central aspects shortly, and your referenced site may not be the best one to throw at someone that just has started. What i have tried to collect is the things i wish someone would have told me when i started. It may not fit all, but if someone sees it as useful i'm happy. I would also be greatful for replies of faults in the information :)

I don't see that as spam, i have put serious effort to think about and write the explanations and help other that want to learn things this way. I don't attend much in online discussions, but i like to teach

Yet you sign up here just to plug it.

That makes it spam.

linking to articles off site are against the rules.
if you wish people to read the article, post it here instead of as a link to a website.

I think this short explanation is really good as base when starting photographing. What do you think?
You're expecting a beginner to read and understand this? Good luck!

I see that you go from elementary concepts using misleading analogies, to complicated concepts that are far outside the required knowledge base of a beginner. As a guide for beginners it is not very useful.

linking to articles off site are against the rules.
if you wish people to read the article, post it here instead of as a link to a website.
I could do that! but then the information will be dead, and future corrections and additions will not be there. But maybe i will do that when it's more mature.

You're expecting a beginner to read and understand this? Good luck!

I see that you go from elementary concepts using misleading analogies, to complicated concepts that are far outside the required knowledge base of a beginner. As a guide for beginners it is not very useful.
There may be a gap between the elementary concepts and the complicated concepts to fill. Thanks for that response, but which are the misleading analogies?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back