Recent newborn session

JenLavazza

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jenlavazza.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So, I'm not thrilled about this session. I really had to do some pp :( My White balance was off, lighting was bad.... Any C & C would be great! I posted these for the parents already, but so I know for next time.

Oh, and sorry about the watermark...I'm grabbing them off Flickr which is where I have them posted for the clients viewing.

1. They asked for this pose. I couldn't seem, to get the white balance just right or the sharpness, so I did the "softening effect"

4423463005_630454e0b3.jpg

2. Snapped this one when he was trying to quiet her. Stuck with the softening just to keep a theme..

4423462943_a080160044.jpg

3. The baby's name was Nevaeh...Heaven backwords. Thought this was fitting:

4423463385_cbdbe3bcc5.jpg

and color
4423463337_dcb01a45a8.jpg

4. I really wanted her propped up with the crown on her head, but she wasn't having it!

4424226866_5b9bec2551.jpg

So, again...any c&c is greatly appreciated. I'm buying a new camera and should have it in about two weeks, so hopefully that will help with the lighting (has AWESOME ISO range!) and maybe it's white balancing will work better. And with all your great advice and more practice hopefully I'll get there someday!!! :)

To my tired eyes (and LCD monitor), you pretty much hit it in the 3rd, color shot. Slightly pink, but not too bad.

well....the last one is REALLY nice! =) LOVE the crown! Maybe a little orange on my monitor, but the lighting looks the best.

I'm not a fan of the softening on the first 2...in the first one, around her stomach, it kinda looks like a double image. Also...you didn't do a great job getting the black background black...if you look from different angles, you can see some patches. Easy enough to burn! =)

#2 could be a great moody Low key BW....but again with the softening and I'm personally not a fan of tinted BW conversions.

#3 - I cringe at selective color (especially on the cheeks)...but, OK...maybe that's just me...as far as your BW goes...the baby is a bit muddy gray...maybe a soft vintage muted color scheme would work better?

#4- I do like the color image better, but it's a bit salmon colored all over...which could explain the lack of contrast in #3.

Thanks!! #3 color looks even worse up next to #4 :( Oh well...maybe if I have time I'll try to play with it some more. I'm not a big fan of selective color either, BUT clients LOVE it. So, I do it to please the mommies!

Most reactions

Back