RECIPE THREAD!!!

Oh, and this isn't a recipe, but it's food related....

For my kids in group the other day, we made HOME MADE ICE CREAM!!!! It was tons of fun. We used the [ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000F9Z5QK/sr=8-1/qid=1154200143/ref=pd_bbs_1/104-5051684-6511150?ie=UTF8"]Ice Cream Maker Ball[/ame]....and we were able to make up games rolling the ball around, all the while, we were making ice cream with it. They loved it...it was fun...and the ice cream was DELICIOUS! (I believe the recipe we used came with the ball). I think I'm gonna have to get one. It only makes 2 cups at a time, but I think I saw a larger version on Amazon. :)

Click here for an article that talks more about it.

The verdict on the sloppy joe pizza...IT'S GOOD! Erik even likes it! It's definitely something kids would like (and probably something they'd like to help with), and I will be making copies and giving it to my group kids' moms. :mrgreen:

core_17 said:
Caesar Chicken

In ziplock bag, mix:
3 Tbsp Olive Oil
2 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
1 tsp. Dijon Mustard
3/4 tsp. garlic salt
1/8 tsp. pepper

Add 4 boneless/skinless chicken breasts and marinate for 15 min.

On a plate:
Mix 2/3 cup crushed croutons and 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese.

Dredge chicken in crouton mixture. Place the chicken in a greased shallow baking pan; drizzle marinade on top. Bake at 400 degrees 20 min. or until cooked through

*I used bone-in chicken (store was out of boneless) and cooked for 40 minutes.

I'm making this again tonight. Mmmmmmm!

EDIT: I just noticed I have now made the last FIVE posts in this thread. COME ON PEOPLE! POST ME SOME RECIPES!

30 minute black bean soup. Original recipe. Serves 4.

2 tbsp olive oil
1 red bell pepper diced into 1/2" chunks
2-4 chorizo sausage (2 oz ea.) cut in half lengthwise and sliced into 1/8" thick half-disks
2-3 ribs celery, sliced crosswise 3/16" thick
2 14 1/2 oz cans black beans
1 14 1/2 oz can beef broth
1 small can tomato paste
12 sun-dried tomato halves, sliced matchstick
2 cups water
2 to 2 1/2 tsp balsamic vinegar
2 tsp dried basil or 6-10 large fresh basil leaves, chopped.
Pinch ground black pepper

Add 1 tbsp olive oil to non-stick skillet. Heat over medium heat. Add red pepper and saute until soft. Transfer to 4 qt or larger pot.
Add remaining tbsp olive oil to skillet. Add sausage. Saute 3-4 minutes. Transfer to pot.
Add celery to skillet. Saute until browned. Transfer to pot.
Put 1 can of black beans in a bowl and mash to a paste. Transfer to pot.
Add all remaining ingredients to pot. Bring to boil. Simmer 10-12 minutes.

Serve.

Corn bread and a nice aged tempranillo complete the picture. A side salad can also be served.

Heres a tricky one, ok so this sounds rough, but its oh so good when you get home in the middle of the night and theres nowt else to eat!!

1. Get two pieces of white bread
2. Take a digustingly overloaded knife of Nutella (chocolate spread) and spread on bread
3. Ensure Nutella layer is minumum 5 millimetres thick
4. Place Nutella sandwich in the microwave for 30 seconds
5. Lick knife clean whilst waiting for the beep
6. Go to heaven and back with a hot Nutella sarnie

:mrgreen::thumbup::lmao:

Most reactions

Back