RECIPE THREAD!!!

Party Fiesta Chicken Spicey Fiesty Asserole Casserole.

Don't know the name of it, so I made it up.

1 can Rotel
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of chicken soup.
2 chicken breasts
3 cheese shredded mix
1 bag of Spicier Nacho Doritos
Tobasco Sauce

First, cut chicken into small squares. Then Boil the chicken until it gets white and floats.

While the chicken is cooking, put a layer of Spicier Nacho Doritos into the bottom of a casserole dish. Smash it down so that it will make a good crust.

Put down a layer of the 3 cheese blend, so that once it cooks, it will hold the Doritos together.

Take the Rotel, C.O.M., C.O.C. soups, and as much Tobasco sauce as you think you can stand and mix them all together. Once the chicken is done cooking, throw it into the mix and stir.

Take the lump of goo and dump it into the dish on top of the cheese.

One more layer of Doritos and the top layer of cheese.

Cover with foil and cook at 425 for 25-30 min, or until the cheese is golden brown.

Easy and spicey. This is my favorite food, and the only thing I know how to cook!:drool:

Chicken Dipping

1 1/2 C Cornbread stuffing mix, plus 1/2 the seasoning packet (I bought stove top, and it was all combined already..worked great!)
4 T oil
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Dipping sauce

Place stuffing mix in plastic bag and crush with rolling pin

Add oil to center of a 9x13 baking pan and spread it around entire pan

Cut chicken breasts into three or four peices, dredge in stuffing mix and place in baking pan. Arrange chicken so peices are not touching. Bake at 350 uncovered for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and turn pieces over and bake another 15 minutes or til golden brown.

Dipping Sauce for Chicken

4 T Honey
3 T spicy brown mustard
(I don't like spicy stuff, so I toned it down a bit with a touch of honey mustard!)

stir in a bowl, and serve with chicken. :)

St. Louis Toasted Ravioli

INGREDIENTS:

* 2 tablespoons whole milk
* 1 egg
* 3/4 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
* 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
* 1/2 (25 ounce) package frozen cheese ravioli, thawed
* 3 cups vegetable oil for frying
* 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
* 1 (16 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce

DIRECTIONS:

1. Combine milk and egg in a small bowl. Place breadcrumbs and if desired, salt in a shallow bowl. Dip ravioli in milk mixture, and coat with breadcrumbs.
2. In a large saucepan, heat marinara sauce over medium heat until bubbling. Reduce the heat to simmer.
3. In a large heavy pan, pour oil to depth of 2 inches. Heat oil over medium heat until a small amount of breading sizzles and turns brown. Fry ravioli, a few at a time, 1 minute on each side or until golden. Drain on paper towels. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve immediately with hot marinara sauce.

I've been making this for a year or so...we loooove it. :p

You can see a picture in Joe's Dinner thread!

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Chicken Jambalaya[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
red_bullet.gif
1 4 to 5 lb. hen cut into serving pieces
red_bullet.gif
2 tsp. granulated garlic
red_bullet.gif
3 cups long grain rice-uncooked
red_bullet.gif
1/2 cup green onions-chopped
red_bullet.gif
1 cup cooking oil
red_bullet.gif
1/4 cup bell peppers-chopped
red_bullet.gif
3 cups onion-chopped fine
red_bullet.gif
1/2 tsp. black pepper
red_bullet.gif
3 tsp. salt (or salt to taste)
red_bullet.gif
2 1/2 tsp. Louisiana hot sauce
[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Fry chicken in cooking oil until dark brown. Remove cooking oil leaving just enough to cover the bottom of pot. Add onions and cook with chicken until onions are dark brown. Add about 1/2 cup of water and then add bell peppers and green onions. Let simmer for about 10 minutes. Add about 5 cups of water and remaining seasoning. Then bring water to a rolling boil. Add rice and stir. Let rice and water boil until water thickens and turn rice over once. Do not stir as this will break up the rice. Cover with tight fitting lid and let simmer on a low fire for about 10 more minutes. Turn (as in fold) one more time and let set for about 10 more minutes and then your jambalaya is ready to eat.

Actually this is best made in a huge cast iron pot over an open fire, but for those who don't have that, this is the next best thing! HEHE
[/FONT]​

can someone please give a nice simple recipe for a pasta salad? something i can take into work for my lunch, and preferably with black olives involved.

would be very grateful

The ultimate cookie... look at my picture I should know about cookies.
first buy the cheapest oatmeal cookies in the store... Usually fifty pounds for a dollar...
Then buy the small sized reeces peanut butter cups, peppermint patties small, carmel cups also small.

make a sandich of one candy piece and two cookies put in the microwave till the candy melts. Great with coffee or coke.....

Hey Im a guy this is my idea of cooking.

JohnMF said:
can someone please give a nice simple recipe for a pasta salad? something i can take into work for my lunch, and preferably with black olives involved.

would be very grateful

For pasta salad, I've found fusilli the best shape (spirals!). Cook the pasta until it is just shy of perfectly done, but not still al dente. Take out pasta and immediately rinse with cold water to stop it cooking further. Give it a good massage to stop it sticking together.

Take some fresh basil, olives and parmesan (parmigiano reggiano works best). Finely rip the basil with your fingers and then chop it further to small bits (releases the flavour). Chop the olives to your preferred size (I like them tiny). Use a cheese grater to grate half the parmesan finely, and slither the rest with a mandolin.

Take finest quality olive oil and white wine vinegar and combine in equal quantities to form the base of the dressing. Add a spoonful of mustard powder, some ground pepper, a spoonful of unrefined cane sugar and a small amount of garlic puree. Add a drizzle of toasted sesame oil and a spoonful of mayo if you prefer taste to waistline! ;) Shake vigourously and put in the fridge until you're not too far from eating time.

When the pasta is drained and pretty much dry, add in the basil, olive and parmesan and mix thoroughly with your fingers. An hour or two before you plan to eat, chuck the dressing on (shake first), then toss and serve!

Rob

• 1 cup pecans
  • 1 pound powdered sugar
  • 1 stick butter
  • ½ pound semi-sweet chocolate
  • Cooking paraffin
  • Bourbon

Grind pecans and add enough bourbon until wet (not floating) Let stand over night. Repeat bourbon process until it can’t take anymore. Cream butter and powered sugar together. Add the drunken pecans; stir thoroughly and chill mixture. Roll into balls and then chill again.

Melt chocolate in double boiler; add paraffin until chocolate is glassy. Dip balls in chocolate and cool.

A few days ago I saw a thead in here somewhere about cooking dinner and it followed with a bunch of posts of what others were cooking and pictures of. I could not find that therad but I wanted to post a pic of of the meatloaf I made last night. I wish I brought leftovers for lunch today. Man this looks good!
Meatloaf.jpg

Scott

MyCameraEye said:
A few days ago I saw a thead in here somewhere about cooking dinner and it followed with a bunch of posts of what others were cooking and pictures of. I could not find that therad but I wanted to post a pic of of the meatloaf I made last night. I wish I brought leftovers for lunch today. Man this looks good!
Meatloaf.jpg

Scott

That was Joe's Dinner thread...I'll find it and get you the link. :)
Here ya are!: Joe's Dinner Thread

Rob said:
For pasta salad, I've found fusilli the best shape (spirals!). Cook the pasta until it is just shy of perfectly done, but not still al dente. Take out pasta and immediately rinse with cold water to stop it cooking further. Give it a good massage to stop it sticking together.

Take some fresh basil, olives and parmesan (parmigiano reggiano works best). Finely rip the basil with your fingers and then chop it further to small bits (releases the flavour). Chop the olives to your preferred size (I like them tiny). Use a cheese grater to grate half the parmesan finely, and slither the rest with a mandolin.

Take finest quality olive oil and white wine vinegar and combine in equal quantities to form the base of the dressing. Add a spoonful of mustard powder, some ground pepper, a spoonful of unrefined cane sugar and a small amount of garlic puree. Add a drizzle of toasted sesame oil and a spoonful of mayo if you prefer taste to waistline! ;) Shake vigourously and put in the fridge until you're not too far from eating time.

When the pasta is drained and pretty much dry, add in the basil, olive and parmesan and mix thoroughly with your fingers. An hour or two before you plan to eat, chuck the dressing on (shake first), then toss and serve!

Rob

Nice one Rob. That's sounds exactly like the type of thing i was looking for.

p.s. Mustard powder = Colemans English mustard powder?

core_17 said:
Another of my favorite recipes to make. We BOTH love this one.

St Louis Toasted Ravioli

2 tablespoons milk
1 egg
3/4 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
1/2 (25 ounce) package frozen cheese ravioli, thawed
3 cups vegetable oil for frying
1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
1 (16 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce

Combine milk and egg in a small bowl.

Place breadcrumbs and if desired, salt in a shallow bowl.

Dip ravioli in milk mixture, and coat with breadcrumbs.

In a large saucepan, heat marinara sauce over medium heat until bubbling. Reduce the heat to simmer.

In a large heavy pan, pour oil to depth of 2 inches. Heat oil over medium heat until a small amount of breading sizzles and turns brown.

Fry ravioli, a few at a time, 1 minute on each side or until golden.

Drain on paper towels. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve immediately with hot marinara sauce.

Honestly though, this is one of those recipes that after you make it once, you never need to look at the recipe again...it's so easy, and nothing at all requires an exact measurement really.

Tried these last night. They were pretty good. Gonna try one of the chicken ones this week.

JohnMF said:
Nice one Rob. That's sounds exactly like the type of thing i was looking for.

p.s. Mustard powder = Colemans English mustard powder?

Yep, that's what I use. A spoonful of Dijon works as well.

Most reactions

Back