Recommend a Camera Bag

LiveStrong2009

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am looking for a camera bag that has the capability of carrying 1 body with lens connected, 2 additional lenses, and a tripod holder. I have been looking all around, but it seems that most bags with a tripod holder have internal compartments designed for a pro with tons of lenses, flashes, etc. A bag that meets those requirement plus carries a laptop would also be a plus, but not a huge focus for me. This bag would probably be in use on a vacation that may include multiple long hikes and other busy activities.

Thanks
-Dave

The Lowepro Slingshot and Flipside series are great. Have a look at them. I have a slingshot 300 and I love it, but it doesnt have a tripod holder. Im not certain, but I dont think the flipsides do either. Like you say, I cant think of anything smaller with a tripod holder..

Mark

I like the Tamrac Velocity. I just recently got another lens so my little camera bag wasn't enough, at the same time I didn't wanna get something huge like a backpack. This little thing is awesome, it carries 2 lens, 1 body with lens on it, all my extra equipment, and even hooks a tripod on the side. A very big plus for me from this bag is the ability to take out the camera and shoot without taking off the bag. You just slide it over the shoulder, and bam, you got it. Really love it.

Though I was dumb and picked it up for $95 bucks at a local store, while amazon sells it for 50, this bag is awesome nevertheless.

The slingshot 202AW (which I assume has replaced the 200) has a compact tripod / monopod holster. My Slingshot 200 doesn't. It is big enough for a 5D or 700D body (without battery grip) with a medium telephoto, would easily cope with another two or three lenses, has a couple of small pockets for memory cards, lens cleaning kits etc, and a smallish pocket at the top where I keep the charger, cables, remote and other odds and ends. It also has a rain cover which pulls out from the bottom. There is no way on earth you will ever get a laptop or netbook in it.

The strap arrangement takes a little getting used to, but it's nice to not have to take it off completely to get at the camera. I really like mine.

I have the Slingshot 202AW as well, I love it. It's got all the room I need for a day out. The rain cover is great and so is the tripod mount. For shegrins, I tried to mount my full size Vanguard tripod to it, and lets just say it fit... but I was walking a little crooked... It's perfect for a mini tripod or monopod, though. It also comfortably holds my body w/55-200 lens on and two spares, my flash and odds and ends.

I have the Lowepro - Fastpack 100

I can store the d5000 with the 18-55 on it and the 55-200 in th6e main compartment. The top section is large enough that it could hold 1-2 more lenses. Lots of internal pockets and places for batteries, memory cards and filters.

It does not have a holster for a tirpod . I just run pan/tilt handle through the top loop and the tripod hangs nicely from that.

I recently purchased a Think Tank Streetwalker Pro and love it. The Streetwalker is virtually identical, just a bit smaller. By backpack standards it is fairly light.

It holds a ton, and while not designed for a laptop, I can fit my small laptop in the main compartment.

Camera Backpack for Professionals: Browse Backpack Camera Bag

I bought the Lowepro Flipside. So far I like it. Right now I carry my D5000 with battery grip + 18-200mm attached, prime, and its got 2 more lens pockets left that I fill it with my cleaning kit. without my clearning kit, I can fit 2 more normal lens, or 1 large lens like the 70-200mm I bet(which is what I reallly want. It can also carry a light tripod/monopod.

i like my nat-geo medium daypack

I put mine in a NIKE cordura bag. But I modified it with sponge taken from a normal camera bag.

Has anybody had experience with Clik Elite or Kata bags? At this point I am planning on buying a Clik Elite chest holster for vacation, as well as a backpack that could also be used for hiking and other day-long adventures. Any reviews about either brand of bag?

I have the Fastpack 250, which I really like and which almost exactly fits your needs (except the tripod holder).

I remember that when I was looking at bags, I also checked out the Lowepro Primus (yes tripod holder, no laptop sleeve). The Primus has a beefier waist strap to provide more comfort on long, strenuous outings. It is also "all-weather" and has storage compartments for camera with attached lens and an additional 2 lenses.

The lens that I have connected most of the time is a 70-200 f/4, so it is about 8 inches long + a hood. Thanks for the Primus Recommendation, I will check that one out. The tripod holder is one of the primary functions that I will not buy a bag without.

Walmart.com: LowePro Apex 100 AW All-Weather Digital SLR Camera Bag: Camcorders

i was at walmart an hour ago and saw this. I thought the bag was for water bottle now that I think about it, that thing was to place the camera with lens attatched! LOL

You can also put bunch of other stuff. I know the pic doesn't show it but if you have a local walmart you can check it out there? I'm sure there are lots available but that ain't bad either

Most reactions

New Topics

Back