Recommendations on a first camera.

Going with a T3i, thanks a bunch nyy845. It comes out pretty cheap with the discount!

Good luck with your T3i.

BTW, since you mentioned video... check out the Magic Lantern firmware. It's an open-source (free) firmware which you install on your memory card (it doesn't replace the factory firmware). You can switch between booting from Canon's firmware vs. Magic Lantern firmware any time you want. The ML firmware adds a LOT of features that video guys love (and of course, the price is right.)

Don't just read on them, go into a store and handle them, see which one fits you, see which one has controls that make the most sense to you....consider the lens line up..consider what type of photography you want to do....everyone has their opinions on the best camera(s)...but YOU will be the one using whatever it is you wind up with.

Camera Reviews

http://www.photographytalk.com/compare-prices/camera-buying-guide?pt=6

Digital Photography Review

Compare digital cameras - Snapsort

Equipment & Reviews | What Digital Camera

I think for you budget you can go for
Nikon D3100 DSLR with 18-55 mm VR kit lens which cost you around $549.95 + you can buy 55-300mm Nikkor best for sport and action which cost you around $399.95.

I purchased the T3i with the kit 18-55mm lens refurbished for a little under $450 shipped to me in Puerto Rico and everything. I got the kit lens to give me something to start with and see what i want to get from there. Now that I have used the camera for a few days, I can see that I want a lens with more zoom and it would also be great to get a tripod/monopod. I am not sure if to get a new lens first or a tripod, and my budget for either one is around $300. Any recommendations? I have been reading a lot on tripods and it is so confusing.

Most reactions

Back