Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Trying to help a little.
Post 'em if you got 'em.

17306671794_90fbb3d7ce.jpg

Red Nose Day May 21st 2015

Last edited:
Oops - deleted the wrong duplicate!

It's called Red Nose Day - Started in UK, I believe. It's an anti-poverty campaign.
Link goes to their site.

What cause is this supporting?

Here's a link that tells more about it: Red Nose Day May 21st 2015
There is some kind of concert or show they are doing that will really be the main fundraiser. I guess the whole "red nose" thing was just to draw attention to it and get people interested.

I'm really never sure about these things--the ice bucket challenge, red noses, wear red or blue or green or yellow for <choose your charity or cause here> sort of thing--but I guess it DOES help raise money and awareness of the cause, or they wouldn't keep coming up with this stuff.

At any rate--even though I *loathe* clowns with every fiber of my being, I decided to participate.

So here is my Red Noes selfie:
rednoes.jpg

This is apparently the first on in the US. It started in UK, 30 years ago.

Neat... what's the association with red noses and poverty?

So far as I can tell, pretty much similar to the association between buckets of ice and ALS. Which is to say, none at all.

The red nose part is because the main fundraising show (which is on now in my neck of the woods) features mainly comedians/comediennes.

Comic Relief UK started the benefit. I suppose a red nose relates easily to comedy, which is the chosen tool for the campaign. Personally, I think of Robin Williams in the movie "Patch Adams."

Most reactions

New Topics

Back