Redo of the daughter in the tree pics. C&C if you want. :)

Yes they're a lil soft. I'm her mom so i love them.

Do you have a suggestion for fixing it or just pointing that out?

Do you know what shutter speed you used ? also try using just the center focus point and recomposing, if i have any soft focus shots it does not matter if it is my kids, partner,dog they get deleted i never save them

Completely disagree on this one, deleting a nice composition because of a small technical glitch is over the top imo. Even Zack Arias uses images for clients he has taken that might be slightly ghosted, if the composition is there then keep it.

Do you have a suggestion for fixing it or just pointing that out?
Also for tips on getting less ghosting and a sharper image, find an aperture you're happy with to get the depth of field you want. Then if you find the shutter speed is too slow then push up the ISO, everytime you push up the ISO it'll give you one full stop to play with which is more than enough to get the fast shutter you need in those conditions. But like schwettylens says above, in those conditions meter your camera to the background and use flash to bring out the subject, it's what it was made for!

For me there is no point in keeping an out of focus image unless i was going for and blurred look

Yeah I don't have a 200mm.

I will keep all of these things in consideration. Thanks.

Yay! That's exciting! Now if I can just get myself into mode to look at the meter every single time (like I did this morning) and remember to take my time with each shot. I rush myself more often than not.

EDIT:

I also shot these at f/5.0 and shutter 1/400 if I'm not mistaken. We always get the side of the field where the sun lights the back of the girls heads so it's hard to get them exposed correctly without blowing out hairbows, backgrounds, etc. I was just happy I got SOME sky detail. :)

EDIT: Oh wait you can't see that in any of these pics. :lmao:

You still have to master the flash though. YOu didnt use it here. I would have.

I was too far away (with no way to get closer) for the flash to do any good here.

Nope I wouldnt have used the flash, because the movement of the cheerleaders needs more then 1/200 to freeze!
You'd end with no shadows but blurry hands/legs/heads....
Sometimes it is OK to have showers

Thats why you need external flash :).. yes you can have it faster than 1/200. The photos with your daughter is very close. 1/200 with your internal flash would have done it.

an external flash for kids cheer leading?
LOL I can just image that.
I have enough crap to carry alone already with 3 kids in sports. I can't wait for hubs to get back from Afghanistan so I can have a free hand.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back