Reflection

alsoran

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi all,

I saw this reflection from the parking lot at work and had high hopes when I took the pictures. However it just did not seem to work. Please if you get the chance to help a beginner let me know what I have done wrong.

All comments taken on board. I am here to learn.

Thank You
alsoran

-------------
Nikon F801s
Nikon 28-80
F8 @ 250
Handheld
Kodak Max 400
-------------

Crane_Croped.jpg

I agree, I think it's an image that should be awesome, but just isn't quite there for some reason. I think part of my problem with it is that you can see the overhead fluorescent bars in the offices.

Personally I would have liked the end of the crane jib to be brighter or at least there be some feature there that stands out.

alsoran said:
Um, is the crane jib the thing hanging down off the point end?

The jib is the crane arm and that whole top left of the pic seems to be too dark (to me at least) and it seems as though I'm wanting something to look at in that area.

mrsid99 said:
The jib is the crane arm and that whole top left of the pic seems to be too dark (to me at least) and it seems as though I'm wanting something to look at in that area.

Thanks, learn something new everyday.

You are right looking at it again the picture does seem to drift off into nothing.

Shark said:
you can see the overhead fluorescent bars in the offices.

Is there anything I could of done so the lights don't show. I had been eyeing up the building for days but the lights never seem to be turned off. Hate to see there electricity bill.

Thanks
alsoran

alsoran said:
I saw this reflection from the parking lot at work and had high hopes when I took the pictures. However it just did not seem to work.

This is the exact same dilema that started Ansel Adams down his path. His early photographs did not reflect the intensity of feeling he felt when actually gazing upon the scene.

You must learn to look and see what is truely there; not what your mind presents to you after a quick glance. And you must then learn how to control your image from when you first look through the camera until you are looking at the final print. Ansel Adams called this "previsualization".

"You don't take a photograph, you make it." -Ansel Adams

Most reactions

Back