What's new

Relatives Birthday Party C&C

I can only imaging the difficulty shooting a 6-year old's birthday party. It sounds ...harrowing. Lol.
 
I can only imaging the difficulty shooting a 6-year old's birthday party. It sounds ...harrowing. Lol.

It's not easy which makes it rewarding. The shutter is not fast enough sometimes lol. You think you have a picture and in that 1/320 of a second, it's gone.
 
All these images are pleasing...
#1: An awesome sweet image
#2: Cute little girl.... i think the boy should have been fully within the frame or completely trimmed out... After viewing the main object( the girl) eyes go to for secondary objects if any...here it comes to be the boy, who is only half in....
#3: Excellent image; but if perfection is aimed at, the head portion should have been fully within... and the half face of the girl behind could accentuate the feeling of celebration... but darkening of her eye is a bit ominous
#4: i liked this very much

Regards :D
 
Last edited:
All these images are pleasing...
#1: An awesome sweet image
#2: Cute little girl.... i think the boy should have been fully within the frame or completely trimmed out... After viewing the main object( the girl) eyes go to for secondary objects if any...here it comes to be the boy, who is only half in....
#3: Excellent image; but if perfection is aimed at, the head portion should have been fully within... and the half face of the girl behind could accentuates the feeling of celebration... but darkening of her eye is a ominous
#4: i liked this very much

Regards :D

Thank you. I appreciate the feedback.

I didn't darken the little girls eye. The shadow mixed with the bokeh gave it a dark circle. I don't know if I can fix that in post.
 
I don't get it. If the mom doesn't want you to take pic of the kid, why did you take it??
 
I don't get it. If the mom doesn't want you to take pic of the kid, why did you take it??

Huh?

With all of the information given, how the hell did you draw this conclusion?

- Relatives birthday party
- I was asked to take pictures
- A mother (not his mother) kept stepping in front of me.

But somehow you draw this cynical conclusion?
 
The way you said it was she didn't want you to take pics of her kid
 
The way you said it was she didn't want you to take pics of her kid

You know what they say about assuming, right?

I was asked to take pictures at my relatives birthday party and a mother kept stepping in front of me.
Ballistics said:
For #3, I had a mother who was a bit territorial over photographing privileges

The boy in the photo is my relative.
The mother blocking me is not.
Hence why I called her a mother, and not his mother.

Now that is cleared up, what do you think of the photos?
 
Good.. I tend to like taking pics like this with wide lens. It tells story better. My favorite is the watermelon one. I think it would be stronger I it was wider.
 
Good.. I tend to like taking pics like this with wide lens. It tells story better. My favorite is the watermelon one. I think it would be stronger I it was wider.

I have a 24mm but I was afraid of missing out on a shot by changing the lens.
 
Shooting a child's event is like walking on egg shells. I photographed a 1 year old BD not too long ago. I had to shoot between people and actually push my way into positions. Present opening was a real challenge! Adults and children all wanted to see what the baby receives. Good for experience on my part.
 
Shooting a child's event is like walking on egg shells. I photographed a 1 year old BD not too long ago. I had to shoot between people and actually push my way into positions. Present opening was a real challenge! Adults and children all wanted to see what the baby receives. Good for experience on my part.

Yeah, I could only imagine. This wasn't a paid gig or anything so it was totally pressure free.
 
For number 2, I had an over cast so I caught a shadow cooling the WB a lot. I warmed it up, but it didn't look right.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom