Relaxing Between Trawls... Comments and Critiques Please!

D-B-J

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This one was from the summer on some down time in between trawls.

Thoughts?

_DSC6545 by stratusfearrr, on Flickr

Regards,
Jake

Not bad - the composition works well; I'd like to see the exposure dropped down a bit and the saturation dialled up just slightly.

Not bad - the composition works well; I'd like to see the exposure dropped down a bit and the saturation dialled up just slightly.

I'll chock that up to personal taste. For some reason the slightly desatured-ness and over-exposure worked in my eyes. Thanks for your comments.

Regards,
Jake

Are you just fishing for compliments?

Not in the slightest! I was merely explaining my reasoning for why it was edited how it was. I never said tirediron was wrong.

Regards,
Jake

Since when has this been a negative thing here on TPF? (I'm just assuming that your post has a negative connotation)

Granted, he did ask for critique, but I think sometimes threads don't get any comments if you don't post that in the title.

I think you both missed the point of Runnah's comment. .... fishing for...??

Well, I thought it was funny, Runnah. ;)

I didn't even realize...Well played runnah, well played.

Regards,
Jake

One more bump

Where was this taken? I was in Alaska over the Summer and got to see countless fishermen. It would have been awesome to be on a boat with my camera. Were you only able to take photos when there was no work?

Anyways, I like the composition as well. Its a tad bit overexposed for my liking, but other than that I think it's a cool shot.

Where was this taken? I was in Alaska over the Summer and got to see countless fishermen. It would have been awesome to be on a boat with my camera. Were you only able to take photos when there was no work?

Anyways, I like the composition as well. Its a tad bit overexposed for my liking, but other than that I think it's a cool shot.

I took this on the Long-Island Sound on a boat out of CT. I have some photo's of us working, but it was a summer camp, and most of the images include the kids, so I can't/won't post them on here. However, my coworker didn't mind. Thanks for your comments.

Regards,
Jake

Wow...that went wayyy over my head until you mentioned it!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back