What's new

Relic Crab Trap

JTPhotography

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Dec 8, 2012
Messages
902
Reaction score
428
Location
South Mississippi
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
You ever have one of those days where you go to shoot something with a specific end result in mind and you get something totally unexpected and you're not really sure if you like it or not? I figured I would post it here and see what happens. What I got has an almost fake look to it but I really did very little post processing here. I posted this on facebook and one of the comments I got was that it would make a good cover for a spooky novel, haha, pretty much sums it up I guess.

Edit: I realize I need to darken those hot spots on the water.


$crap pot moody.webp
 
Either a spooky novel or one if those sexy girly books that my wife reads. I like it! Almost looks HDR but not really at the same time.
 
Thumbs up from me. I would remove the red cast that the GND left on the clouds, but that's a matter of preference.
 
I like this a lot. The red cast is less intrusive when viewed large. I could go either way.
 
That is very weird and very cool.

Win.
 
I'm trying to figure out if that is a cast shadow or if there is something underwater making that semi-hoop shape as I can't find it above water. Rather enigmatic.
 
I'm trying to figure out if that is a cast shadow or if there is something underwater making that semi-hoop shape as I can't find it above water. Rather enigmatic.
I was thinking that was a rope attached to the cage.....I could very well be wrong though.
 
Thanks everyone. Yes, that is a rope attached to the crap trap. At the end of the rope is a float. The crabbers will pass by in a boat and scoop it up by the float and empty the crabs, fill it with rotten chicken, then toss it back and come back the next day. This one washed ashore in the last hurricane we had. The magenta cast in the sky, I decided to leave it because it is accurate for this morning. This was taken at sunrise. My plan was to catch a spectacularly lit up sky of in the horizon, but it didn't happen. The light barely began to peek through and threw a bit of color on the bottom of the clouds, but it only lasted a moment.
 
I'm trying to figure out if that is a cast shadow or if there is something underwater making that semi-hoop shape as I can't find it above water. Rather enigmatic.

Ahso...rope and float....interesting effect.
 
I liked it very much; but i am not much happy about the foggy feeling over the knitted thing :D
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom