Relief

oriecat

work in progress
Reaction score
Website
www.moltenwords.net
So yesterday was payday, and one of my stores didn't get their checks because there was a hazmat spill at the ups hub and the trucks were all delayed. So we decided to redo the 36 checks, then if they didn't come first thing this morning, I would have to drive them down (about an hour 15 south of here normally, who knows with holiday traffic....) so people could have them in time before the banks close early today... so all morning I've been hitting refresh on my ups tracking page hoping the original package would get there by 10, so I wouldn't have to go, but fearing the worst... just got the call and they are there. Big load off my mind... now I can just enjoy the Eve. 8)

Fabulous news! Glad the checks arrived and you were spared a long drive on Christmas Eve! :cheer:

Awesome yo! I'm glad you didn't have to go out on Holiday Maddness Driving Day, also known as Christmas Eve! :)

Now relax and take a load off!

Zach :D

core_17 said:
Awesome!!!!! :) I'm happy to hear that...now I have to get ready to work for 9 hours :(.

I feel you on that one.. I'm actually at work right now til 6 tonight :( But then I get to drive home and see the Family in H-Town!

core_17 said:
The worst of them all to be working on xmas eve...Walgreens. Christmas in retail S U C K S ! ! ! !
If it'll make you feel better, I gotta got go to Walgreens myself today. So I'll think good holiday thoughts too you as I swipe my debit card :p

malachite said:
core_17 said:
The worst of them all to be working on xmas eve...Walgreens. Christmas in retail S U C K S ! ! ! !
If it'll make you feel better, I gotta got go to Walgreens myself today. So I'll think good holiday thoughts too you as I swipe my debit card :p

:LOL:

So, you coming round to mine tonight Orie? I've got nothing to do.

And why do Americans spell cheque check? Never got that one. Lots of people here have started to spell it check to.

oriecat said:
So yesterday was payday, and one of my stores didn't get their checks
And I thought UK was behind the times! :shock: I can't believe you guys still issue paychecks! About 70-80% of UK full-time employees have their wages paid straight into their bank accounts via Automated Credit Transfer (ACT). Even our government is pushing this as the preferred method of payment to those receiving state benefits or retirement pension.

Are paychecks still a common method of payment in the US? Surely not!

Its becoming less and less common, but some companies still use paper checks because some banks charge to use direct deposit or ACT and that just may not be charge a small business is able to justify... Thats just my .02 cents.. not sure if I'm way off or not!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back