REQ: Canon Powershot G5 Review

a friend of mine just got one for christmas. i dont use digital (canon f1 focus), but for someone who does, this seems like a great camera. it could do everything i would want it to be able to do and more. plus a very cool stitching feature that gives you about a 5th of your last picture on the screen so you can match it up exactly where it was to get the next one ! (maybe this is a standard feature, but its the first ive heard of it)very cool. plus very easy adjustmest to aperture and shutter speed. i mean, i dont have much to compare it to, but it seems like a very nice camera to me.

the photostitch is canon exclusive with all their models under a year old, except the DSLR's, but you can stich any photo together with the supplied software, or you can pick up a program for under $100

Yo,
A few gripes about my G5:
The chromatic aberration is very noticeable. If only I knew how to properly use Photoshop to fix it. Ha ha.
If you buy the Canon adapter for it, it will block a significant portion of your viewfinder (which I hardly use anyway, but it just annoying). Also, the adapter blocks part of the flash so I almost always have a darkened lower right corner of my photos (also fixable with Photoshop).
Other than that, I think it's a fantastic camera! And very afforable on buydig.com and cameratopia.com right now. :)
Me, the Flea

Most reactions

New Topics

Back