Resolving power of the D7100..

TheLost

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I thought this was kind of cool so i thought i'd share :)

Horrible picture taken with the D7100 @ 12mm | f/8 | 1/800sec | 320ISO... RAW converted to JPG with LR4.
field-12mm.jpg

100% crop (1:1) of that image...
field-100.jpg

Maybe im easily impressed... but i think its cool you can read the words on the scoreboard :)

It's the lens that resolves more than the camera.

Yes, a 24 megapixel APS-C sized sensor made with .18 micron manufacturing technology...and a camera with no anti-aliasing filter in front of said sensor...yeah...Nikon is now in the high-resolution imaging field with its mid-line cameras. It took well over a decade for us to get to this level! Woo-hoo! It's pretty cool!

It's the lens that resolves more than the camera.

It was a Tokina 12-24mm f/4 (old version not the new II)...

Since DxOMark gives that lens a score of 15 (7P-Mpix on sharpness) and the Nikon 12-24 f/4 gets a score of 25 (16P-Mpix on sharpness) i'd love to see what the Nikon could do :)

Yes, a 24 megapixel APS-C sized sensor made with .18 micron manufacturing technology...and a camera with no anti-aliasing filter in front of said sensor...yeah...Nikon is now in the high-resolution imaging field with its mid-line cameras. It took well over a decade for us to get to this level! Woo-hoo! It's pretty cool!

Having just purchased this camera, i am pretty excited to see what it can do as well. Im still pouring over the manual though. Did nikon remove the AA filter on the D7000 as well? Or is that new to the D7100?

Having just purchased this camera, i am pretty excited to see what it can do as well. Im still pouring over the manual though. Did nikon remove the AA filter on the D7000 as well? Or is that new to the D7100?

New to the 7100

Did nikon remove the AA filter on the D7000 as well? Or is that new to the D7100?

Its just the D7100 (and D800E).

I've had my D7100 since the day it came out and i've used it HEAVILY... In my mind this is one of Nikons more successfull product launches. No dust or oil... No left focus issues... No thousands of back focus 'threads' in the interwebs. I really thought i'd be sending it back to Nikon right now (june-july.. before HS Football starts up) to get some type of 'early adopter glitch' fixed but thats not the case :)

I love how wide the shot is an how well it looks cropped @100%. I don't have a wide angle (need one though) but I'm really pleased with shots from my D7100 w/28-70 2.8 setup.

I have that lens and it was the best $399 I've spent on a lens.

I have that lens and it was the best $399 I've spent on a lens.

I bought mine used for $300 and we have a love-hate relationship going....

I love its build quality... I love how sharp it is... I loved the price... I hate that i can't think in wide-angle :) .

Most reactions

Back