Hmmm...does Videography have similar compositional elements, tools, processing styles and such as photogpaphy?
I have found I have been watching TV comercials differenlty, looking at composition.
There is somewhat a difference. I was not expecting a pat on the back nor a "good job" I clearly asked for pointers and all I got was blunt negative feedback. If anyone on here would like to assist me in learning proper techniques feel free to post. If you are just going to say this sucks or you dislike this or that then leave.
Sorry, but I think you need glasses.
I hate to do this, but I went back and reread the thread from start to where you complained about negative feedback the first time
Your first reply was saying that all you did was vignette, so whats the point.
Your second reply asked if you did anything other than vignette and commented on the darkness of the right side of the dog's face
Your third reply commented on the nice expression, focusing on the eyes, shooting straight on, nose out of focus, background being bland, cropping and framing
Your fourth reply comments on the purpose of the vignette, shallow DOF
Your fifth reply was you commenting on wanting pointers and getting negative feedback on a positive forum.
Then the rest is just where people were reacting to your negative feedback comment.
So... to recap. No one understood or likes the vignetting. You have exposure and lighting problems seen as one side is darker than the other. You need to practice on getting the eyes in focus and watch the DOF and the blurryness of the nose. Don't center frame your subject as its not flattering and find less bland backgrounds.
I don't know about you, but thats more feedback I normally get on my photos.
None of the first four replies I saw as negative.
Getting this type of reaction to the feedback you got is what makes people stop giving proper critisism. Sad that one of the longer threads these days is about someone upset about getting negative comments.
Not the type of thread and reaction that helps to promote a good discussion.