Vieri

Fine Art Landscape Photographer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
linktr.ee
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
When I am working on the landscape, if the weather and the scene allows I love to experiment with different focal lengths, looking for compositions inside a composition. This is Reynisfjara, in Iceland, at sunrise on a stormy day:

X1DII2_01275.jpg

4 seconds, Hasselblad X1D II, Hasselblad XCD 30mm and Formatt-Hitech Firecrest Ultra filters.

X1DII1_02153.jpg

11 seconds, Hasselblad X1D II, Hasselblad XCD 135mm and Formatt-Hitech Firecrest Ultra filters.

Thank you for viewing and commenting, best regards

Vieri

Marvelous, as always.

Amazing! Love that near view.

Nothing to add. Great!!

That’s very interesting and I agree. The realization that there are often smaller compositions inside of larger provides the artist with another dimension for seeing photographs in the field. I first noticed this when I was a teenager photographing zoom shots of sunrise sections. But the principle applies to many types of photography, everything from busy city work to serene landscape photography, as you have shown here. Very very nice image, as usual.

That’s very interesting and I agree. The realization that there are often smaller compositions inside of larger provides the artist with another dimension for seeing photographs in the field. I first noticed this when I was a teenager photographing zoom shots of sunrise sections. But the principle applies to many types of photography, everything from busy city work to serene landscape photography, as you have shown here. Very very nice image, as usual.

Hello Charlie, thank you very much for your in-depth comment, glad you found the comparison interesting. The principle applies for many kind of photography, as you perfectly put; I believe that experimenting with this, or at least always keeping an eye open for the possibility of a "frame inside the frame", really helps in developing our "eye" and our taste for composition. I also recommend to do that when looking at other people's work, to train our mind's eye to "see" things inside things. Best regards,

Vieri

Most reactions

New Topics

Back