Ride kid, ride!

SnappingShark

Always learning.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Out camping this weekend and as I was stood on the side of the road taking some landscape shots through a gap in the trees, this kid comes yelling and riding his bike towards me.

He was so fast coming up this hill!

324A2604-L.jpg

I think a much tighter crop would help; the image is a good one, but I think the child is just too small in the frame.

I think a much tighter crop would help; the image is a good one, but I think the child is just too small in the frame.

I don't know, I like the crop as it is. Often if there is a person in the shot we try too hard to make it about that person. In this case I look at the image and I get the story as the OP wrote it - that this is a shot about nature into which this kid happened to intrude. I like that he is there, but I like that he is a relatively insignificant portion.

With or without the kid, I like the framing of this shot. I like that the road comes right out of the center bottom (right at the viewer), but at the same time disappears around the bend in the middle of the frame. It really creates the feeling of the woods swallowing up the "civilization".

I played with the crop - going right in too - and it just didn't look right to me so I left it as shot. I got it to where the kid was clearly the focal point, but he didn't look dwarfed by the trees and the image kind of lost its appeal (to me).

Most reactions

Back