Riding along in my automobile...

LWW

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have figured out how to make a Miata a rolling tripod.

Drive01.jpg

Drive02.jpg

Here you can see me with the remote shutter release in my hand.

LWW

wow - great motion, these are way cool! how did you mount the camera?

Well luckily in a Miata anything is a tight fit.

What I did was mount my Nikon N8008s, I used it rather than the F4s because of weight, on a Bogen monopod and used the Nikon remote shutter release.

I the n adjusted the monopod for the right height and wedged it between the transmission tunnel/console and the passenger seat. I also took the seat belt and got one wrap around the monopod before buckling it. I then also undid one of the camera strap ends and wrapped it a couple times around the stylebarand reattached it.

The combination was more bump resistent than my Bogen 3221 although it took a bit to set up.

This was a trial and error run and next time I will take some pics and post them of the setup.

LWW

That is awesome. Great idea and well done with the execution.

Excellent piece of shooting, i'm assuming you used an ND filter to get the required shutter speeds?

NOPE!.

Used Fuji 200 speed film and f11 aperture priority. Shutter speed(s) unknown for obvious reasons but I'm guessing 1/15 in the shaded scenes.

To get the blur the key seems to be speed obviously and the blurred items being close to the road/car. At 60 MPH you get about 6 ft of blur in that time if I'm doing the math right in my head.

LWW

these are really good.. love 'em... :thumbup:

kinda made me car sick, though... :drunk:

by the way, was that a silver mustang in the first shot?? i think you passed me flying!! :shock:

They are very cool, I'd like to try something like that but first i'd have to get a convertible.

Most reactions

Back