Right decision or ?

That's my concern as well; as one would expect, timings got fouled up and I was left with only a short time to do this shot as the venue crew were setting up for the next event. Normally I would have taken 15-20 minutes just to get all the flags pinned and taped exactly how I wanted, but in this case all I really had time for was, "Between or behind?".
For having such little time to work, you did well in my opinion.
Thanks Dan! From, "Okay, you can start moving the chairs" 'til done was <10 minutes. I had my lights already set up backstage, pulled them out did a few quick readings (within 1/3 stop L-R and front to back, good enough!), herded the cats and got clear before the Grip's union threw me out! :lol:

Between would've been my preference but honestly I wouldn't have noticed at all during setup and just shot however.
In the interests of full disclosure, if one of the fellows hadn't almost knocked one of the flags off the stage, I probably would have too!

To late now ... but next time I would hang the flags vertically and staggered as a backdrop.
That wouldn't have been an option from the client's perspective or the venue's... but I agree, it might have looked better.

Most reactions

Back