Ringette with 5D mklll

I have to admit that most sports shooters are obsessed with fps. Me personally - learn timing and proper techniques. I have seen guys who do not burst at all. I am a firm believer in fast af performance(I don't manual focus) and clean ISO above 6400.

I am not big on the FPS. I end up with way to many shots that I just don't need when I use it to it's fullest. Bleh!
I am interested in the 5d3 and upgrading this winter/spring and sports is one of the reasons. I'll be watching for more from it and more info on how it's working for sports!

My shooting style never changed when I went from film to digital, I didn't overshoot anything using film, cost clients too much and in turn cost me too much as well. I have always seen the photographers that just lean on the motor over every little thing as being insecure over their abilitles to hit the action in a few frames. I don't need 10 FPS to get what I want. I had fun using the t2i at 3 FPS shooting sports, it didn't make any difference to me. I really like this Mklll, the iso capabilities and focus quickness are far more important that being able to blast off 10-12 FPS.

It's ringette. The girls play use a big puck with a hole in the middle, there is a National Ringette League. It's a really good game to watch, pretty high skill level and great skaters.

It's ringette. The girls play use a big puck with a hole in the middle, there is a National Ringette League. It's a really good game to watch, pretty high skill level and great skaters.
Hmmm... must be more of a central Canada/east-coast thing, I've not heard of it out here. Interesting!

Here are a couple more shot at iso 6400 5.6 1000th. These were both shot through the netting that goes around the rink.

ringette-6400.jpg

ringette-6400-1.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back