Rising number of Spammers?

LittleMan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.sorberaguitars.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've noticed lately that there have been a lot of spammers hitting the site...
What's up with that? As this site grows do you think this problem will get worse??? :confused:
Just something on my mind... I think I'll go out and walk around with a camera like I know what I'm doing...

I would suspect that the more active the site gets the higher the odds of showing up on search engines or whatever those scum use to find places like this.

Fortunately we have a crack squad of moderators standing by to squish them into oblivion.

Yes, as the forum grows so do the people hoping they can make a buck by reaching a large audience with little work on their end.

SPAM YOU!!!

SPAAAAAAAAAAMMM..

....YOU!!!

Contrary to popular belief, the increase in the number of Spammers is actually caused by it's habbits and the current seasonal change.
As we enter Autumn (Fall) the leaves on the trees start to drop and the weather changes so that there is more rain.
Wet leaves are very slippery and this makes it almost impossible for the Spammer to get a grip. As a consequence the poor beast falls off the branch it has been clinging to all Summer and plummets down onto the grazing herds of wild Forum below.
The result of the impact is a big splatty mess that has to be cleaned up. The pink gobbets of the creature's flesh that gets shoveled into sacks looks uncannily like a certain processed meat product. This has led to speculation that the former is the source of the latter - hence it's name. And the expression 'hit by spam'.

- from 'The Children's Big Book Of Facts I Just Made Up' by H van Rental

speaking of spam...

mwuahaha.

spam-c07.jpg

[QUOTE
- from 'The Children's Big Book Of Facts I Just Made Up' by H van Rental[/QUOTE]

my gosh! :hail: i am impressed....
:confused: flabbergasted....
:lovey: and completely in awe.....

i need that book!! what talent you have there mr mod squad HVR !!

(truly, i laughed myself silly....not a far trip....)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back