Rodeo Ridin'! Colorado style!

Taralyn Romero

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
These were taken from the nose-bleed section at the National Western Stockshow here in Colorado - 100th anniversary! Anyway, if it weren't for my 300mm zoom lens, none of this would've been visible *kiss* haha

Coloradoweekend5.jpg

Coloradoweekend3.jpg

Coloradoweekend2.jpg

coloradoweekend6.jpg

I like the shots specially the way the horses stand out against a similar colored background. The second shot catches the essence of the Rodeo riding.

Thank you photo_gal, Peanuta, and xion! This was my first time trying some serious action shots. I tried to move closer to the action but kept getting yelled at. I'm hoping to go again next year and get close enough to use a higher shutter speed. At the distance I was at, I had to go down to F5.6 and a shutter of 100 - not to mention the limitations I had for good framing.... guess that's what you get for 8 bucks! haha

what everyone else said... :thumbup:

missed seeing you around!

Thanks Neophyte, Jon, and Jon!

JonMikal - I MISSED being around too - I have soooo many posts to get around too! Just got busy and then I realized how much I missed this "place"...

Wow, to my mind, Photo 2 is a perfect Rodeo-Photo! The head of the horse all in focus and loads of action and movement around. Very cool.
This entire series is great, but that one is my personal favourite.

wonderful shots Taralyn!!!
love the second and fourth.. thanks for sharing these :)

Great action shots. This is a tough subject to capture, and you did really well.

Most reactions

Back