What's new

Rodeo Ridin'! Colorado style!

Taralyn Romero

TPF Noob!
Joined
Oct 25, 2005
Messages
626
Reaction score
25
Location
Colorado
These were taken from the nose-bleed section at the National Western Stockshow here in Colorado - 100th anniversary! Anyway, if it weren't for my 300mm zoom lens, none of this would've been visible *kiss* haha

Coloradoweekend5.jpg



Coloradoweekend3.jpg



Coloradoweekend2.jpg



coloradoweekend6.jpg
 
you did an amazing job with these! I especially like the second.
 
I like the shots specially the way the horses stand out against a similar colored background. The second shot catches the essence of the Rodeo riding.
 
Thank you photo_gal, Peanuta, and xion! This was my first time trying some serious action shots. I tried to move closer to the action but kept getting yelled at. I'm hoping to go again next year and get close enough to use a higher shutter speed. At the distance I was at, I had to go down to F5.6 and a shutter of 100 - not to mention the limitations I had for good framing.... guess that's what you get for 8 bucks! haha
 
Thanks Neophyte, Jon, and Jon!

JonMikal - I MISSED being around too - I have soooo many posts to get around too! Just got busy and then I realized how much I missed this "place"...
 
Wow, to my mind, Photo 2 is a perfect Rodeo-Photo! The head of the horse all in focus and loads of action and movement around. Very cool.
This entire series is great, but that one is my personal favourite.
 
wonderful shots Taralyn!!!
love the second and fourth.. thanks for sharing these :)
 
Love the motion in these taralyn...would be great for some deliberate slow shutter panning
ditto 2 and 4 :thumbsup:
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom