Rose Photography, studio strobe work C&C

786soul

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I recently (FINALLY) got a 580EX II to work as my second strobe. Finally I've got a multi-strobe setup and I already see the differences and doors opening. Here are a couple shots I got last night, any C&C is appreciated. First time shooting a set-up with high-key lighting. Anywhere I can improve or any tips in general for high-key work?

Both photos: ISO 100, f/9.0, 1/200s, both 430EX II and 580EX II fire. 580EX II bounced off reflective umbrella

Photo 1:
Roses_1_edit_resize.jpg

Photo 2:
Rose_1_edit_resize.jpg

These look great. I'd try putting a piece of glass down over the white paper (if you're using white paper) to give some reflection. Could be interesting...

The red channel looks a little clipped (blown out reds) but I could be wrong and it could also be my display.

Going to use the new setup for portraiture?

the reds definitely look blown... did u bump the saturation/contrast in post?...

i think it might help to visualize what it is you want to showcase in your photo... is it just the petals?... the color?... the curves?...

do the leaves and stems and all that need to be in the frame? or are they distractions?

is this the composition you like? or would it be better from a different angle? just things to consider...

Most reactions

Back