Round 3 Entires "Dissonance" - Due by Monday, August 25

darin3200

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
friedrichsphotography.com
You know the drill :)

Instead of scores of 10 or above getting in, for this round the 2 people with the lowest scores are out.

Get shooting.

Contestants are:
shuttereye
midgetpatrol
jdunphy
Lunatick
spako
crazyava
magicmonkey
JeridJohnson

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

All of these definitions are acceptable?

1. A harsh, disagreeable combination of sounds; discord.
  2. Lack of agreement, consistency, or harmony; conflict: “In Vietnam, reality fell away and dissonance between claim and fact filled the void” (Michael Janeway).
  3. Music. A combination of tones contextually considered to suggest unrelieved tension and require resolution.

Yeah, I think the most appropriate would be "lack of agreement" or conflict.
Lunatick said:
All of these definitions are acceptable?

1. A harsh, disagreeable combination of sounds; discord.
  2. Lack of agreement, consistency, or harmony; conflict: “In Vietnam, reality fell away and dissonance between claim and fact filled the void” (Michael Janeway).
  3. Music. A combination of tones contextually considered to suggest unrelieved tension and require resolution.

Rawr. Go team me! :lol:

This should be an interesting one...

So are we allowed to interpret the word with it's other meanings as well or should I stick to conflict?

ok, crazy as it might sound for photography I was thinking about going in the sound angle if that would be acceptable?? Just a passing idea at the moment though so probably won't happen...

magicmonkey said:
ok, crazy as it might sound for photography I was thinking about going in the sound angle if that would be acceptable?? Just a passing idea at the moment though so probably won't happen...
Creativity is worth 5 points...as long as it CAN be called relating to the theme, anything goes!

CrazyAva said:
Wow, this is going to be a toughie...

I'm with you on that, I don't think I'm going to like this round! Having said that, it's a very good way to challenge people :)

You guys have been doing great! :) I've enjoyed your creativity so far, and I know you're going to have fun with this one.

Go team!! :thumbup:

Wow, I'm really looking forward to see these entries! Good luck and happy shooting :D

Most reactions

Back