jcdeboever

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
in-laws dog, Mojo.
7fc2c9b564eadcb0190131626291f861.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Thanks. He does now that you say that! He's a good boy and loves coming over to play with my dog which is good because he wears my boy out. [emoji6]

As a dog lover, I do appreciate if not enjoy this shot...wonderful expression on the pup's face, however I think I might check the histograms...looks like there's a lot of blue cast to the shot.

Since you have it marked as ok to edit your photos, I took the liberty to run it thru Photoshop and using Hue/Saturation, I knocked the blues & cyans down a fair bit...20 second adjustment...

I also might go back and sharpen the eyes just a tad as well, but you get the idea.

Cute pic :)

Thanks Jim. Editing, using the camera, etc. is all new to me for the most part. I was shooting fall colors and had vivid still on, forgot to turn back. I think from here on out, I am leaving it off. I use Gimp and learning it as well but software is the easier part for me. Good edit. Now it don't look as much like "Blue Dog"

Thanks Jim. Editing, using the camera, etc. is all new to me for the most part. I was shooting fall colors and had vivid still on, forgot to turn back. I think from here on out, I am leaving it off. I use Gimp and learning it as well but software is the easier part for me. Good edit. Now it don't look as much like "Blue Dog"

Hey...nothing wrong with Gimp at all...very decent program for what it is. If you look under "Color" up on the menu bar in Gimp, you'll see "Hue/Saturation" and you can effectively do the exact same thing to your original...select the blues and back them off, then select the cyans and back them off. It's a really straight forward adjustment (remember to always save as a new file so you don't over-write your original).

I honestly don't know if it was caused by having vivid on or not, but I have in fact had this happen a number of times over the years (with dog pics), usually from shooting in the shade...shade tends to cause a bluesh cast, especially on black fur, depending on your white balance, so it's just something that's second nature for me to look for.

Cool, good info. It was caused by +1 vivid, indoor shot, late in day, no flash and what you said. Appreciate it, your a good man for helping a brother out.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back