Running Water.

sambrody44

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Since I didn't get enough C&C in the Nature Gallery, I'm gonna try here. What do you think?

#1.
Untitled-1.jpg

#2.
October26img3.jpg

#3.
Runningwaterwborder.jpg

Last edited:
Number 2 has the better comp to me. The roots of the trees growing out of the stream walls, the water flowing from one corner to the other. I would maybe try a B&W conversion with the first one. Nothing wrong with number 3.

Yeah #2 is my favorite too. I thought the composition was the best as well. I'll give a B&W conversion on #1 a try.

Here's a B&W version of number 1. I also tried a smaller border. Let me know what you think!

IMG_2980BWwBorder.jpg

I am a HUGE fan of slower shutter speeds with water, I think this is a interesting set. I do however feel that do to the width of this stream alittle more movement water wise may do these photos some justice. Over all very nice shots.

Personally, I like the smaller border. Those large borders just make it look like you're covering up part of the picture or something.

the b & w is much better..

Personally, I like the smaller border. Those large borders just make it look like you're covering up part of the picture or something.

Yeah I like the smaller border too. The ones with the larger border were my first ever attempt at making one, so I didn't play around with them too much. But I promise you, nothing is covered up behind the border! :wink:

my vote is for #2 on the first set, nice capture

Thanks! I like number two as well. I'm thinking it might be the first of my pictures I'll have printed and framed for some wall art.

the b & w is much better..

It does feel a little less busy. Is that what you like about it?

I'm a big fan and avid stream photographer myself. I think they look pretty good, but the B&W just doesn't do it for me with these captures.

#2 is the best of the lot imo. It's a nice shot. Something about both #1 and #3 doesn't set with me quite right. Seems a bit soft and not enough contrast.

Last edited:
I figured I'd update this thread instead of creating a new one.

Here is a shot from the same stream, a month or so later. (There are a few more in the series. I will update as I edit them.

Untitled-1-1.jpg

Most reactions

Back