Ryan and Maria

hokies2379

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
IMG_3436.JPG
IMG_3432.JPG

These were a couple of my favorite shots I did for two of my friends recently. It was an “engagement even thought we are already secretly married” shoot.

Curious of your thoughts.

Sent from my iPhone using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app

Their secret is out.

Yeah, they kept their wedding rings on.

He looks very red in the face...................?

Yup so much for that secret. LOL Couple of thoughts, overall they seem a tad dark, and could have used some supplemental light on the faces. The other thing is the gentleman is so tall he had to bend over in the first one, and still not all his head got in the frame and in the second one his left foot was hanging off the bottom. :aiwebs_016: As there's little in the background of consequence to the scene, I think it might have been better to rotate the camera to portrait orientation.

Yup so much for that secret. LOL Couple of thoughts, overall they seem a tad dark, and could have used some supplemental light on the faces. The other thing is the gentleman is so tall he had to bend over in the first one, and still not all his head got in the frame and in the second one his left foot was hanging off the bottom. :aiwebs_016: As there's little in the background of consequence to the scene, I think it might have been better to rotate the camera to portrait orientation.

Thank you. He’s not that tall it is she that is short haha. I did have some fill light but it wasn’t strong enough for sure. Thanks for looking.

Challenging because of the height differential; my inclination would have been to pose her on an apple box and shoot from the knees or waist up. I echo Smoke's comments on the lighting, and don't forget; your camera works equally well when you rotate it 90 degrees!

Challenging because of the height differential; my inclination would have been to pose her on an apple box and shoot from the knees or waist up. I echo Smoke's comments on the lighting, and don't forget; your camera works equally well when you rotate it 90 degrees!

IMG_3437.JPG

Thanks. I thought about that after the fact. We did do some with him sitting and her on his lap in a different location to change the height.

I do have a few in portrait mode haha. I just didn’t like them as much. That’s why I ask for the feedback to try to get better.

Most reactions

Back