San Francisco Zoo

Austin Greene

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.austingreenephotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
UPDATE: Scroll down a bit (a couple posts) for my favorite Gorilla shot of the trip :D

Hey everyone!

So I took a trip out to the SF Zoo this weekend to relax a bit, and I figured I'd take the camera along as well. Overcast skies and intermittent sprinkles made photography a bit of a challenge as far as lighting goes, but here is what I got at the end of the day. I'm not especially happy with any in particular (often found myself wanting a bit more reach than 250mm), but I figured it was worth posting regardless so some could enjoy them ;)

Any and all CC is welcome and appreciated! If you have one, whats your favorite of the bunch?

Peacock by TogaLive, on Flickr

Juvenile Lowland Gorilla by TogaLive, on Flickr

Those Eyes by TogaLive, on Flickr

Red-Eye by TogaLive, on Flickr

Thanks again!

Toga

Last edited:
I usually don't try to post more than 4 images at a time, but I had someone suggest that this one wasn't terrible either, so I thought I'd toss it in as well. I like the colors, but I find the leaf right above the head to be quite distracting.

Macaw by TogaLive, on Flickr

I like #4 the best because I have a love/hate relationship with a particular Black Crowned Night Heron. I also like the expression on #3 but I think the gorilla is pushed a bit too far to the left of the image. That would be perfect if he was looking to the right as in #2 but looking over his shoulder I personally think it would better closer (but not all the way) to the center.

I like #4 the best because I have a love/hate relationship with a particular Black Crowned Night Heron. I also like the expression on #3 but I think the gorilla is pushed a bit too far to the left of the image. That would be perfect if he was looking to the right as in #2 but looking over his shoulder I personally think it would better closer (but not all the way) to the center.
Thanks for the CC!

I felt the same way as you about #3, so I went back and looked through the photos again. Turns out I discredited this one due to the chest poking out a bit, but on second thought it may not be that big of a problem, especially since the eyes are so much better than in #3 (imo). What do you think?

gorillaport2 by TogaLive, on Flickr

Last edited:
Thanks for the CC!

I felt the same way as you about #3, so I went back and looked through the photos again. Turns out I discredited this one due to the chest poking out a bit, but on second thought it may not be that big of a problem, especially since the eyes are so much better than in #3 (imo). What do you think?
I like it better. That's kind of a classic portrait pose. They are such expressive animals and that's a great shot.

Nice set! Love the gorilla shots!

Macaw shot.. what leaf? ;)

64_f93e00c8df_b.jpg

Nice set! Love the gorilla shots!

Macaw shot.. what leaf? ;)

64_f93e00c8df_b.jpg

:lol: You've now convinced me that some major clonage would be a good use of the next hour! I'll post the results ;)

Update: Gah, never mind! I can usually clone pretty well, but this one isn't cooperating :p

Last edited:
Very nice photo's. I couldn't start to CC them. I'm too new to this. Thanks for sharing.

Very nice photo's. I couldn't start to CC them. I'm too new to this. Thanks for sharing.

I appreciate the comments Kamdon! Whether the CC is coming from an experienced member or a newbie, useful CC is still useful CC, and its all appreciated! Even if you think one photo stands out from the rest, it really helps when I go back to look through them ;)

In that case..... lol

My eyes are drawn to the peacocks tail..... It seems really bright, compared to the rest of the picture.

Other then that I LOVE them all. The gorilla is probably my favorite. He just looks taugh.....

Most reactions

New Topics

Back