Tree Swallow

Austin Greene

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.austingreenephotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well, I experimented posting this in the General Gallery a few days back, and needless to say I saw zero responses. So, I thought I'd give it another go back in my usual posting grounds to see if I could squeeze any CC out of anyone ;)

I'm heading out tomorrow again for the first sunny day we've had in a week, and I'd really appreciate any and all CC so I can put it to use on tomorrow's photos.

My thoughts are that the branch across the chest is distracting, and perhaps that a bit more DOF would have been nice to get the tail nice and crisp. I was generally happy with the colors (almost look iridescent with the sunlight on them), and the eye. I'm tempted to crop it a bit tighter, but am trying to not crop so many of my photos and instead really work with what the 55-250 gives me.

The bird is a Tree Swallow, visiting my town of Davis, CA from Mexico to breed.

Tree Swallow by TogaLive, on Flickr

Thanks again!

Toga

Last edited:
If it's any consolation, the better my photographs get the less C&C they receive. Any C&C someone might have, you have already pointed out. Beautiful shot..

If it's any consolation, the better my photographs get the less C&C they receive. Any C&C someone might have, you have already pointed out. Beautiful shot..

I appreciate the comment, and the CC greybeard! Its definitely a new way of looking at things, though really its tough to believe so many people on these forums can be so quiet sometimes! Even if its confirming what I already CC'd, I still always appreciate it ;)

This is quite good, and shows that the Canon 55-250mm lens belies its low cost. For birds, with my similar T2i I use ISO 800 as my base. This allows higher shutter speeds; your 1/500 is about as low as you want to go.
For comparison I cloned out (quickly via FastStone!) some of the branches. $AGP.jpg

Nice shot! Love the irridescence on the head... ;)

Good shot and good self C&C :) His head and eye are superb!

The only other thing I would nit pick would be the chest, there is a lot of detail blowing out but it is still there, perhaps something to play with in PP. I swear black or white fur/feathers is a pain in the hiney!
Yay for sunny days! Looking forward to seeing what you find :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back