San Michelle...the island of the dead.

Roger

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
mrlowlight.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Last week we went for a boat trip to the cemetary island of San Michelle...as it closes at 6pm in the summer the bright light meant using my infrared camera. This is another place I plan on returning to in the winter when the light is softer. Interestingly the best place was the English speaking section of the cemetary, the local section was mostly modern headstones etc.
356874310_woKhm-L.jpg

356874372_rs6Gr-L.jpg

356874416_6sHxT-L.jpg

356874468_qkBxt-L.jpg

356874531_TibuY-L.jpg

356874587_Ynfyk-L.jpg

356874671_dKhSq-L.jpg

Nice work. I like the composition, the exp and the color/tone on these. Got a vast array of names, too. Bundy, which is English. And one of the best gun makers ever: Carl Walther of Walther arms. Nice find! Now for the hunt for Hekler and Koch! :lmao::lmao:

Right on Roger. Tough to pick a fave here,but the comp in the second is so great. What an awesome place. You really captured these well. :thumbup::thumbup:

Nice work. I like the composition, the exp and the color/tone on these. Got a vast array of names, too. Bundy, which is English. And one of the best gun makers ever: Carl Walther of Walther arms. Nice find! Now for the hunt for Hekler and Koch! :lmao::lmao:

heh heh yes when I saw the name Bundy I thought of Ted and yes Walther pistols.....Hekler and Koch? Thanks for the comment :D

Right on Roger. Tough to pick a fave here,but the comp in the second is so great. What an awesome place. You really captured these well. :thumbup::thumbup:

thanks Chiller #2 is my fave also, the structure of the grave with the cross in front and the tilted headstone worked for me.....there are some very old sites from the 1700's that have been cared for around the main buildings, difficult to get photos as using cameras is not allowed....I was a very naughty boy. Banning photos of graves is silly, as long as you show respect I don't see the problem.

heh heh yes when I saw the name Bundy I thought of Ted and yes Walther pistols.....Hekler and Koch? Thanks for the comment :D

LMAO or this Bundy??
AlBundy.jpg
:lol:

Roger, I am a big fan of #2 and #3.
#3 is almost comical with the torso of the body just sitting there. Great job! Thank you so much for sharing.

Roger, I am a big fan of #2 and #3.
#3 is almost comical with the torso of the body just sitting there. Great job! Thank you so much for sharing.

thanks very much Meg, they are my faves too and yes I did have a chuckle at the position of #3....particularly given the state of the head and the connection to the name Walther (manufacturer of small arms).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back