Sanity?

JamesD said:
But, isn't using film in this day and age of digital megepixels a sign of lacking sanity in and of itself? :-|

Hell no! :mrgreen:

**Clicks heels together 3 times and chants.... Film is not dead... Film is not dead... Film is not dead...**

The only film related thing that is even a little crazy is the competition on eBay for good quality equipment. I want a Bronica 645 medium format camera, but it is almost cheaper to go to a dealer, where at least you get a guarantee.

Thomsk

I hear ya, Thom. I've got a Mamiya 645 on layaway (to be picked up tomorrow or the day after!) that's older than I am... and I still had to lay it away. Grr. It'll be my first MF camera other than the two antiques. Someday, I might be able to afford a lens or two for it. Sadly, my enlarger only handles 35mm, so I'll have to resort to the local lab for development. They do a better job than I do, anyway. :-|

But I'm on a tangent: what does this have to do with sanity? Is a wandering mind a sign of wandering sanity?

PlasticSpanner said:
...or have I finally flipped?

No. You've flipped when there is someone else talking to you when you are alone in your darkroom.

Once, before I got a radio for my darkroom, I had just sat down and started tray developing some film (so I was committed to the dark for the next 15 min or so), and something began loudly chewing in the dark behind me. I knew it was probably only a mouse chewing on a styrofoam packing peanut, but it was pretty unnerving to sit in the dark listening to the chewing until I finished processing the film. After that experience I occasionally let the cats into my darkroom, and the chewer has not returned.

Most reactions

Back