SB-700 for Nikon D3000

riz_sat

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hello everyone!
i am Nikon D3000 user and i haven't used any flash unit yet.But now i am planning to buy a flash unit.
today i talked to the dealer he suggested me SB-700 .
so i am a little bit confused as how is the performance of sb-700 is it really good?
can i use it separately?
one more question what is built in commanders? (correct me if i am wrong)
thanks everyone!

A commander is used for off-camera flash and multiple-flash setups. Some cameras can use their pop-up flash as a commander unit; your D3000 can not.

The SB-700 is a good flash, but if you ever wanted to use it off-camera you'd need additional equipment.

thanks Brian for the reply :)
can you tell me what additional equipments would be required when using off-camera flash? :S

thanks Brian for the reply :)
can you tell me what additional equipments would be required when using off-camera flash? :S
Depending on how your going to use it,
-Wireless triggers (or a cord if you want TTL compatibility)
-A lightstand, swivel bracket, and an umbrella
There are many other light modifiers you can use including softboxes and beauty dishes.
Wireless triggers range from Pocketwizards and cybersyncs (high end professional), to Cactus V5's and cowboy studio which can be cheap alternatives.

You'd have lots of options. Another flash capable of acting as a commander like an SB-800 or SB-900 would work, or you could go with something like Pocket Wizards which would also work with third-party flash units.

You can do a lot of learning with just a shoe-mounted flash though. Learning to bounce it off walls and ceilings is a lot easier than learning to use it off camera, and you can pick up a reflector to act as a stand-in umbrella in a pinch. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back