Sb700 or Sb910

Timppa

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi!
I wanted to continue another thread of mine that went bit oftopic (from lens to flash).
I want to buy my first flash, I have read so much about the sb700 and 910 , I don't know what to choose!
I can basicly get them for the same money (used, around 200eur). So, money is not the problem.
The sb700 is a year younger and bit less used. Smaller, lighter and what I read, pretty strong and capable enough.
The sb910 is top of the line, it has that extra power if I would ever need it, and price/Quality it just seems like the one to choose.
What makes me doubt is.... Will I ever need all that power? Will the extra weight and size be annoying me? Or is it not that big of a difference?
Is there something else I should think off before I make a choice?

Generally I would use it for baby photography and church events, maybe later some more things if people might start asking me.
I am using a d7500 with sigma 18-35 f/1.8
Or sometimes a 16-80 f/2.8-4 (although i starting thinking to sell this and get a 70-200 f/4).

Honestly, neither.

Bounced flash in a high-ceilinged church? More power is better than less.

Today, in 2019,a LOT of people have abandoned original-maker-branded flashes in favor of MIC units from Godox or Neewer or Flashpoint (Adorama house brand).

Bounced flash in a high-ceilinged church? More power is better than less.

Today, in 2019,a LOT of people have abandoned original-maker-branded flashes in favor of MIC units from Godox or Neewer or Flashpoint (Adorama house brand).

Thank you for your input.
But there are so many kinds out there as well.
Wich one would you recommend, and what are the prices? 200 is my limit, if I could find a sb910like one that is smaller and cheaper , I am in! I like the li-ion battery of the godox i checked fastly!

Nikon SB800 or SB910 are pretty good flash units.

IIRC the SB700 had some problem, but I cant recall which that was.

The SB900 famously disables itself if you use it too much - far before it actually reached the point of overheating. Which is why Nikon made the SB910.

But yes Godox 685 is the recommented flash. With the Godox XPRO trigger you can remote control them, which the SB800 and SB910 only offer in an IR version.

Nikon SB800 or SB910 are pretty good flash units.

IIRC the SB700 had some problem, but I cant recall which that was.

The SB900 famously disables itself if you use it too much - far before it actually reached the point of overheating. Which is why Nikon made the SB910.

But yes Godox 685 is the recommented flash. With the Godox XPRO trigger you can remote control them, which the SB800 and SB910 only offer in an IR version.

I will check more into that godox 685, but also in other models, I think it is better to buy a smaller off-brand flash first, to play around with and learn and see if I find any limitations. then I can, if needed, buy a better one later in life.

Most reactions

Back