sb900

slash

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
What are the main differences between the 800 and the 900, i was just at ritz and noticed the 900. The guy behind the counter had no idea what he was talking about. It does not seem worth the price. thoughts?

The SB-900 is larger so it's better right?

As far as I can tell it seems to have the same guide number, the same power output, a better zoom head in the flash, and a better user interface, but otherwise is identical to the smaller and lighter SB-800 and significantly more expensive. Oh and it's designed for full frame cameras whatever the heck that means. Sounds a bit like marketing rubbish since the camera will identify to the flash anyway what zoom angle and TTL output the flash should have. From what I've gathered the SB600/800 work just fine with the D700 and D3 pair.

Don't think I'd pick it over the 800. Where as the 800 has some great features over the 600.

The SB-900 is larger so it's better right?

As far as I can tell it seems to have the same guide number, the same power output, a better zoom head in the flash, and a better user interface, but otherwise is identical to the smaller and lighter SB-800 and significantly more expensive. Oh and it's designed for full frame cameras whatever the heck that means. Sounds a bit like marketing rubbish since the camera will identify to the flash anyway what zoom angle and TTL output the flash should have. From what I've gathered the SB600/800 work just fine with the D700 and D3 pair.

Don't think I'd pick it over the 800. Where as the 800 has some great features over the 600.

kinda what i was thinking, thanks.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back