School photo

Fangman

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
pymoorschoolzm3.jpg

Taken in 1910 and scaned from 1/4 plate found mouldering in an outhouse.

Submitted for a bit of fun and to show that in quality - perhaps with all our suggestions on how to convert from colour to mono - we haven't progressed as much as we thought.

I have been collecting old pictures of our village for many years as well as taking "record" shots to show changes for the last 30 years.

Thats really awesome. I love seeing old pictures like this. I just love to look at people from a different time period and the way they looked and their expressions. It's so different from now. The greys and blacks really stand out and the whites just fade in with everything else. Which is funny because, in my opinion, only the boys stand out. My eyes go directly on their clothes before anything else..

Taken nearly 100 years ago. Wow.

Hard to imagine that most likely, everyone in that photograph have lived out
their years and passed on to another life. Boggles the mind.

Wonderful! The preservation here is impressive, especially for the top one, considering how it was found. :lol:

Thanks for posting these, both Fangman and Philip. Somehow these images really draw you in, don't they? :)

I've always had a problem wrapping my head around the fact that objects and people were just as colourful 'back then' in comparison to now. Silly I know.

Now, in the first I can't help but wonder what the little boy hiding behind the fence was thinking when this was taken. (Is that another boy in the doorway to the building as well?)

babybathmg9.jpg

Should Social Services be told - long exposure on glass plate so arm movement.
pikkinnoseba5.jpg

Do your subjects pick noses?

chamberscartfx0.jpg

Chambers Hauliers still operate locally nearly 100 years on.

Some more from the three boxes of plates found in a shed of the Daughter of the Village Postman that took them. Now part of a Village archive that I started by collecting some years ago.

Awesome series Fangman. Love these old images.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back