Schwetty studio

Robin Usagani

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Not ideal but got to start somewhere. I can use 85mm and get a full body shot with a lot of room no problem. Wish the walls were darker and the ceiling was taller. Going to use speedlites for now. I have 3 right now.

482072_4194605668152_562108724_n.jpg

well, can't do much about the ceiling without much destruction...but you can paint. Paint those walls my man.

My wife already complained about the 8 bolt holes on the wall PLUS 4 mistake holes LOL. I dont think she will appreciate me painting the walls black.

My wife already complained about the 8 bolt holes on the wall PLUS 4 mistake holes LOL. I dont think she will appreciate me painting the walls black.
Well duh.... don't ask her, just do it! It's always easier to beg forgiveness than to ask permission! (Hey guys... pick out the kid who hasn't been married long enough! ;) )

Very nice, simple and clean. Have fun!

On serious piece of advice Robin; if you're going to leave that strobe on the floor as a background light, put a box or something over it to protect it or soon you will have only two. Trust me on this!

I'm looking to get something set up soon. Just got a new job that pays WAY better than my last one, got a room mate and we should be moving into a new place (that costs less than my current place) here at the end of august. There's one place I have in mind, that has a finished and unfinished side of the basement and the unfinished side is 17-19 and the only thing in there is a washer and dryer. I plan to turn it into a studio. I'm gonna get some hardwood and backdrops and old furniture and stuff. I'm pumped!!! Lol sorry schwetty. I didn't plan on jacking your thread.

Anyhow- its sweet. I mean, you can do tons of stuff with a smaller space and it looks like a good start. I'd like to see some pictures when you get some up!

Thanks!

Nice setup schwetty...I'm jealous!

Good luck with it.

I actually have a fairly usable space over my garage if I had the motivation to go clean it up, refloor it, put some walls in, etc. :lol:

Schwettylens said:

Tell her you're doing a an Andy Warhol tribute :).

Last edited:
Looks nice. If you can't paint the walls black, you could put curtains up around the walls of the room. The advantage to that would be you could use the white walls to bounce a flash off of if you wanted to use it as a large soft light source.

I have a small studio space...should I be painting the walls black? They are off-white at the moment. I use a whiote bnackgfround mostly, but the other walls should be black?

BTW - I can't see schwetty's studio image...

Black walls will allow you to more effectively control your light. If you are doing all high key lighting, black walls aren't really required, but for any low key lighting or shooting reflective objects, black or gray walls are ideal.

Most reactions

Back