Second Shooting | Unintentional Watch Ad? | Groomsmen

D-B-J

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was hired by a local photographer to second shoot a wedding tonight and tomorrow. Tonight's duties were to shoot the groomsmen before, the details, and the ceremony itself. Here's my two favorites on a first look-through. Thoughts?

_RSP7469-Edit by f_one_eight, on Flickr

_RSP7504 by f_one_eight, on Flickr

Cheers!
Jake

Nicely done. I might burn in the flare a bit in #1; I don't really find it works all that well in monochrome. #2 is a great image, but I wish you'd pulled his sleeve straight; the wrinkles near the watch are really annoying.

Nicely done. I might burn in the flare a bit in #1; I don't really find it works all that well in monochrome. #2 is a great image, but I wish you'd pulled his sleeve straight; the wrinkles near the watch are really annoying.

Damnit man!! Why weren't you there to tell me to smooth out the sleeve!!? I did tuck it under the watch, but I hadn't thought about the wrinkling... Darn. Next time!

I see what you're saying about the flare. The natural light wasn't bad, but it wasn't as dynamic as I wanted to I included the flare to help pump up the interest.. I'll try and tone it down in post when I have a few and see what that looks like.

Cheers!
Jake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In the first picture, other than the flare, I stared at the windows thinking it was a picture of an old storehouse before realizing there were people in the picture. I think filling the frame with the people would have given the shot more of a "houmph" in my own opinion.
There's also a line that's going through 3 people's head that's bothering me.

Love the second one, the wrinkles are not something that bothers me, I honestly think that a normal person will not even notice them. It's more of a pet peeve for people like us who are associated with design work.

In the first picture, other than the flare, I stared at the windows thinking it was a picture of an old storehouse before realizing there were people in the picture. I think filling the frame with the people would have given the shot more of a "houmph" in my own opinion.
There's also a line that's going through 3 people's head that's bothering me.

Love the second one, the wrinkles are not something that bothers me, I honestly think that a normal person will not even notice them. It's more of a pet peeve for people like us who are associated with design work.

I agree. I have some where the group fills the frame, but here I wanted to showcase the awesome barns we had as backdrops. But I can see how the barn is competing for attention with the guys.

The wrinkles didn't bother me until John mentioned them. Small fixes like that will help set me apart from others in the future.

Cheers!
Jake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Back