seeking C&C- first edits from a big rig truck shoot

Not sure I have seen a Peterbilt cabover with a sleeper....were they common in the 1970's?

Where I lived as a kid growing up was about 150 miles south of the Kenworth plant, and they used to OWN the market here in the PDX/Salem area.

Cabovers were decidedly in the minority here.

Oh yeah! The Pete 352 was VERY popular, in fact, I would guess that it was slightly more popular than Kenworth's K100. Great driving position, super comfortable, and monster bunks. The green one looks like it's running a 66" bunk; they were common with up to an 84'!

I liked the last two the best but they all look a little too dark for my taste.

Good eye @tirediron The blue one is '78 and has a fresh restoration. The green one is a '74 in working condition that came out here to Reno from Cleveland for the ATHS convention.
American Truck Historical Society - 2019 Convention - Reno, NV
The double bunk on the blue one can reportedly contain three occupants comfortably. Hey, it was the '70s.

Sharrits Brothers Classics-1-11.jpg

Last edited:
I liked the last two the best but they all look a little too dark for my taste.

Thank you for the feedback, I have consistent trouble with brightness. Especially when posted against this big white background. Prints, too..

Here's a few more I'm working on if anybody has a yay or nay or any comments. Thanks again.

Sharrits Brothers Classics-1-12.jpg

Sharrits Brothers Classics-1-13.jpg

Sharrits Brothers Classics-1-14.jpg

Sharrits Brothers Classics-1-15.jpg

I like the first one. I also like the last three, but I'd check the WB synch between them. If you're using Lr, one thing you can do to bring out a little more detail is to bump your exposure on these about third to a half stop, then go to your tone curve, and drag the top right pin down just a bit to limit the highlights, and drag the bottom left pin up just a tad to limit the black. Then set a mild S curve.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back